37” tires

Ddays

Hooked
I’m on a fourth set of Coopers over two vehicles. My first two sets were great. Minor balance needed and wore great. The 37 on the JLUR now are terrible! Not even 20k on them and they won’t balance out at all now. Regularly rotated and cared for but are to the point of being replaced. My 37” on my JK have chunked terribly. Balance is good but not happy with wear.

I saw your chunking first hand. How many sets of the 37's have you had?

Did you notice chunking before we did the cliffs climb?

Angry Aussie

I’m on a fourth set of Coopers over two vehicles. My first two sets were great. Minor balance needed and wore great. The 37 on the JLUR now are terrible! Not even 20k on them and they won’t balance out at all now. Regularly rotated and cared for but are to the point of being replaced. My 37” on my JK have chunked terribly. Balance is good but not happy with wear.

I don’t even have 5000 miles on my coopers and already wish I would have stuck with Nitto trail grapplers. I just wanted to try something different this set. Really wish I hadn’t done that. Moving to Colorado soon and hope the Coopers aren’t complete shit in the snow or I’m screwed.

Just to note I’m on 40s and not 37s anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
I don’t even have 5000 miles on my coopers and already wish I would have stuck with Nitto trail grapplers. I just wanted to try something different this set. Really wish I hadn’t done that. Moving to Colorado soon and hope the Coopers aren’t complete shit in the snow or I’m screwed.

Just to note I’m on 40s and not 37s anymore.

What issues did you have with yours?

Angry Aussie

What issues did you have with yours?

My main issue right now is on wet roads, I drive like a grandpa and have still fishtailed a bit more often then I’d like to admit. Not trying to at all and the ass end just slides sometimes cornering. Losing confidence in them on wet roads to the point I almost don’t even want to drive on a wet highway.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
My main issue right now is on wet roads, I drive like a grandpa and have still fishtailed a bit more often then I’d like to admit. Not trying to at all and the ass end just slides sometimes cornering. Losing confidence in them on wet roads to the point I almost don’t even want to drive on a wet highway.

Wow really man well this is the first iv heard anything bad about the coopers. I’m moving to Nashville around August and I need tires that can handle a lot of rain.

Angry Aussie

Wow really man well this is the first iv heard anything bad about the coopers. I’m moving to Nashville around August and I need tires that can handle a lot of rain.

I’m not trying to bad mouth them at all especially since they are still pretty new to me and they have been great off road. Maybe it’s just me but I’ve been noticing it more and more.

Maybe someone else can chime in on it.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I'm not wild about the Cooper's in icy conditions. In heavy snow and rain they've been great, off road they're outstanding. I've got about 35k on my set of 315s. All 5 required virtually no weight to balance new. As mileage has racked up they've required a little more weight, 4 of my 5 tires have less than 3oz 1 has about 12oz.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I'm not wild about the Cooper's in icy conditions. In heavy snow and rain they've been great, off road they're outstanding. I've got about 35k on my set of 315s. All 5 required virtually no weight to balance new. As mileage has racked up they've required a little more weight, 4 of my 5 tires have less than 3oz 1 has about 12oz.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

How soon will they be worn out with 35k on them?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Mine needed weight to balance when new . 37-12.5/17 . Between 5-10 oz per tire with 1 needing almost 15 .

Have about 12k miles now . 1 sidewall puncture but otherwise been great both on and off road . No rain in SoCal to speak of.

Was a bitch to mount on the kmc machetes . Just for this reason might try nittos or toyos next time

Mine needed weight to balance when new . 37-12.5/17 . Between 5-10 oz per tire with 1 needing almost 15 .

Have about 12k miles now . 1 sidewall puncture but otherwise been great both on and off road . No rain in SoCal to speak of.

Was a bitch to mount on the kmc machetes . Just for this reason might try nittos or toyos next time

I will second the mounting issue. They aren next to impossible on the ATX chambers I have. Fucking unreal.

Seahawkfan

Hooked

When mounting my 37 coopers on machetes, I used Eddies video of him mounting the RG's for his JL I think. Which was place tire on the ground and push wheel through by standing on it. Wasn't happening, Had me and my 3 boys up there bouncing on it and nothing. Yes it probably looked pretty funny to the neighbors :cheesy: Then I searched YT for mounting Machetes and this one said place wheel on the ground and push tire over the wheel. Had all 5 on in 15 minutes.:doh:

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
When mounting my 37 coopers on machetes, I used Eddies video of him mounting the RG's for his JL I think. Which was place tire on the ground and push wheel through by standing on it. Wasn't happening, Had me and my 3 boys up there bouncing on it and nothing. Yes it probably looked pretty funny to the neighbors :cheesy: Then I searched YT for mounting Machetes and this one said place wheel on the ground and push tire over the wheel. Had all 5 on in 15 minutes.:doh:

We tried tire on wheel but didn’t help . Still was virtually impossible to get over the bead . Here is my bro jumping on one

You must be pretty strong to ‘push’ it on . Otherwise there is a technique I’m missing.

Adjustments.jpg

Seahawkfan

Hooked
We tried tire on wheel but didn’t help . Still was virtually impossible to get over the bead . Here is my bro jumping on one

You must be pretty strong to ‘push’ it on . Otherwise there is a technique I’m missing.

View attachment 339389

Kind of hands and knees. Tire lube and bounce. HaHa (Waiting for it 1,2:naw: ) Oh hell no on the being strong. Kids were gone when I finished up I couldn't even lift the spare onto the tire carrier. That was another comedy show. I tried to roll it up on the stacked up take offs. Nope. Then a pulley from the rafters. Nope. Was damn near ready to figure out how to winch it up. 6am called my son back over. Fucking long night.:icon_crazy:

Ddays

Hooked
I will second the mounting issue. They aren next to impossible on the ATX chambers I have. Fucking unreal.

LOL, go to 1:00 on this video. Uh-huh, yeah, that shit ain't ever happening with Coopers

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDWMSWpP4hJxaENDBQ0yvZQ

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I saw your chunking first hand. How many sets of the 37's have you had?

Did you notice chunking before we did the cliffs climb?

This is my 3rd set of 37. I had not noticed the chunking previously but that was a brand new set in Michigan.

I love my Coopers Offroad. They are pretty quiet on road. I just feel like the quality has come down some since first starting to run them

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - guess this thread took on a life all its own :crazyeyes:

All I can say is that STT Pros are MT's. If you want a tire that handles a lot better on slick surfaces, you really need to run a set of AT's. Me, I prefer Duratracs for maximum traction on the slick stuff. Also, I've now run multiple sets of these tires and I can't say that I've ever had any chunking or balancing issues. If I had, I can assure you that you would know. That being said, that's just me and clearly, there are others out there who have experienced otherwise. On the trail, I would still say they hook up better than Trail Grapplers and I personally wouldn't hesitate to run them again. :cool:

rubiDave

You guys are pussies if you thought that was too hard. A little bit more beer would have made it easier, but what did you expect?

View attachment 339389

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom