35's and no lift

TaraW1111

Yeah, but if he tucked those with the wheel locked, shits getting pulled off his jeep.
You can wheel a stock JK with 33's and cut fenders.
35's is pushing it
Unless you're just street queening

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, after reading the earlier stuff from when the thread was merged, I think I made the right decision. Haven't cut the fenders yet, but also haven't taken it off pavement in the four days I've had my new tires. I like the look of the flat fenders anyway, I'll probably end up cutting them soon. Of course, I also want it functional for wheeling.

jkris

The owner said he assumes it'll rub a little, so he's somewhat prepared. It's not long term, just for a few days. I just wanted to make sure they would work before driving 2 hours.

Or if Discount Tire will put 35s on a stock Jeep. Anyone had problems with that?

Actually I had an issue with that. Discount Tire would not mount my 35" Nitto trail grapplers on my stock rims. They said they were too narrow of a rim. Asked to just buy the tires so I could get them mounted somewhere else and they said they would not sell the tires to me because they did not want to be liable.
But being that it is Discount Tire, they really came through and I ended up getting a super deal for 5 tires and 5 steel rims all under $1400 if I remember correctly. Although I liked my original rims and really wanted to keep them, the black steel ones are just fine. I am most positive that the store had to have taken a little loss on that sale. So regardless I was satisfied.
Now as far as stock height, not sure, as I had a 2.5 BB on by that point.

Napalm

Actually I had an issue with that. Discount Tire would not mount my 35" Nitto trail grapplers on my stock rims. They said they were too narrow of a rim. Asked to just buy the tires so I could get them mounted somewhere else and they said they would not sell the tires to me because they did not want to be liable.
But being that it is Discount Tire, they really came through and I ended up getting a super deal for 5 tires and 5 steel rims all under $1400 if I remember correctly. Although I liked my original rims and really wanted to keep them, the black steel ones are just fine. I am most positive that the store had to have taken a little loss on that sale. So regardless I was satisfied.
Now as far as stock height, not sure, as I had a 2.5 BB on by that point.

Yeah, they have rules that won't allow them to mount large 35s on the smaller width stock wheels. Atleast in my area they cannot.

davidc128

35s at stock height

Ive cut my front fenders and have a stuby front bumper and will be cutting my rear fenders and lossing the rear bumper ive got 32.5s on there now with more than enough room for 35s in the front... not sure bout the rear until i cut the fenders anybody else running 35s at stock height? 20160424_160203.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
seen a few roaming around here and elsewhere with em but as I am on a 2" mopar lift with 35's (uncut fenders) and do a bit of rubbing at times when I am out and about I don't know that I would do much more than mild runs stock and on 35's ... DSC_3996.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Ive cut my front fenders and have a stuby front bumper and will be cutting my rear fenders and lossing the rear bumper ive got 32.5s on there now with more than enough room for 35s in the front... not sure bout the rear until i cut the fenders anybody else running 35s at stock height?

Merged your thread to an existing one. Simple answer: Yes.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
View attachment 235924 I have BFG 35 on stock rubicon wheels. I run Mopar high top fender to keep the required coverage for local code compliance. I removed the inner covers on the Euro front bumper and cut the rubi rails by 50mm. On the road it drives good but at full speed desert driving I have a small amount of rubbing. All this will go when my lift kit comes.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm assuming they were running on the front bumper, or were they actually rubbing in the hitop fender flares?

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I ran my kids 2dr on stock height with 35s.
Need to trim:
Pinch seams
Air dam
Fenders (I think you already did this)
Then you wheel it.
It actually works out pretty good off road

IMG_2555.jpg

Top Bottom