35" Duratrac on EOM carrier

ssgp2

What extension/adapter do you recommend to make the tire attach/fit to the original carrier.

Thanks

JKUR 2013/rubicon wheels 17"

Last edited:
I'm wondering the same thing. I'll be doing it in a few weeks on my JK. I've just got to wear the last of the tread off my SR/A's. I would assume that you may have to trim the stock rubber isolator down due to the increased width of the tire but I'm not 100% sure. There's got to be someone who can chime in with real experience.

This probably won't help because it is a guess but if you are using the same wheel then it would just be the difference in tire width.

you want the tire really snug against the isolators anyway so i wouldnt touch them.

question: are you running stock wheels or aftermarket? if the latter how much backspacing is on them?

Stock wheels.

I bought the tires today and was told they couldn't install the spare because it wouldn't fit.

I haven't played with it since I have been up for 24 hours.

I want the simplest install without compromising safety.

Will the tire fit with isolators removed or does it hit the bumper? If it hits the bumper you will need some sort of spacer and possible longer isolators depending on the spacer.

I have 35" Duratracs on stock wheels. I mounted the spare on the stock carrier using a 1.25" wheel spacer and the Daystar Tailgate Bumpstops that you cut to the proper length to keep the tire rattle free and tight against the tailgate.

I run high quality 1.5" Spidertrax spacers on all four corners and purchased a cheep pair of the 1.25" for the spare tire carrier (a 1.50" spacer would also work).

branman:

Haven't played with it,will check it out.

KJ_CJtoJK:

Sounds like a plan, have any pics?

Thanks guys!

Attached are some photo's. The tire fits like the jeep was designed for a 35" tire. The tire just fits under the 3rd brake light and snuggly into the bumper cutout. DSCN4893M.JPGDSCN4897M.JPGDSCN4900m.JPGDSCN4902M.jpg

Pretty sure I've read somewhere that Eddie said the stock carrier was designed for a 35 from the factory. As mentioned with stock wheels you need a spacer or a different bracket to space the rim off of the factory spare tire bracket plus some new isolators such as the Daystar brand and cut them to length to keep it snug. People will tell you differently but from what I've read (mostly on this forum so I put more faith in it) that as long as you have it all tight and no movement then it should provide years of service and its relatively inexpensive. Unlike some other brackets that are several hundred dollars and that are still breaking. I think the ones that have problems don't have the tire tight against the isolators. Also if you drop off a ledge and hit the spare enough times your gonna have problems no matter what kind of bracket you have, at that point you need to look at the carriers like EVO or Genright. I'm sure there are others but those two seem to be mentioned a lot on here. And of course EVO is king in anything, watch the videos.

Top Bottom