33 inch tires on stock height JK

Adamw1212

Ya I wasn't sure. Been looking all over the web trying to see how it wold look but I guess I can't find anything for that reason. I would run 35" but I'm kind of on a budget right now and know I want wheels and a lift

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Ya I wasn't sure. Been looking all over the web trying to see how it wold look but I guess I can't find anything for that reason. I would run 35" but I'm kind of on a budget right now and know I want wheels and a lift

I wouldn't lift it if you're only running 33s. Here's my wife's with no lift and 33s, just chopped fenders. Save the money for other mods.

IMG_20161204_210549_637.jpg

any4xx

You can run 35's with no lift if you are willing to trim the fenders. We ran my wife's like that for a while. Very minor rubbing while wheeling.

Talk to me please. I really want to run 35" tires and I REALLY want to keep my 2-door as low as possible so my 5-00 wifey can still get into it without a ladder. I plan on going with 17x9 wheels with 4.5" BS when I do swap tires. I have every intention of going with flat fenders just because I like how they look. I also plan on trimming my Rubicon rock rails for clearance. I may be inclined (no pun intended) to put on a cheap leveling kit, just because I think my Jeep looks ridiculous right now after loading the front bumper and winch combo.

Did yours rub only the fenders or elsewhere?

Sign me, "Hopeful."

Talk to me please. I really want to run 35" tires and I REALLY want to keep my 2-door as low as possible so my 5-00 wifey can still get into it without a ladder. I plan on going with 17x9 wheels with 4.5" BS when I do swap tires. I have every intention of going with flat fenders just because I like how they look. I also plan on trimming my Rubicon rock rails for clearance. I may be inclined (no pun intended) to put on a cheap leveling kit, just because I think my Jeep looks ridiculous right now after loading the front bumper and winch combo.

Did yours rub only the fenders or elsewhere?

Sign me, "Hopeful."

I made front and rear bumpers for the Jeep and trimmed the fenders. The only place I could make it rub was the top of the rear wheel well at the pinch seam and it was just barely rubbing. This was at full flex while wheeling. It worked great, but was still low slung and dragged a bit over rocks on the belly. Much better with 2.5" lift now. It definitely can be done and I kinda liked the bulldog stance it had. The wheels are 17x9 with 12mm offset, so the stance is wide. IMG_3365.jpg

any4xx

I made front and rear bumpers for the Jeep and trimmed the fenders. The only place I could make it rub was the top of the rear wheel well at the pinch seam and it was just barely rubbing. This was at full flex while wheeling. It worked great, but was still low slung and dragged a bit over rocks on the belly. Much better with 2.5" lift now. It definitely can be done and I kinda liked the bulldog stance it had. The wheels are 17x9 with 12mm offset, so the stance is wide. View attachment 234838

I'm replacing the fenders with flats so it looks like it will work fine.

Since I haven't yet seen my Jeep with the fenders removed can you tell me if I can just roll that pinch seam a bit? Sounds like the leveling kit will really be all that I need if I read correctly.

I'm replacing the fenders with flats so it looks like it will work fine.

Since I haven't yet seen my Jeep with the fenders removed can you tell me if I can just roll that pinch seam a bit? Sounds like the leveling kit will really be all that I need if I read correctly.

I honestly don't think you'd need to do anything, but yes the seam could be rolled. You could also add a 1" bumpstop puck in the back if you were that worried about it. I could only get the rub to happen on the driver side rear and it was just barely touching.

Flat fenders are awesome, what ones did you go with?

papasurf

33 vs 35

Top picture is 33" tires with no-lift (some rubbing on the rear fenders on the bumps)
Bottom picture is 35" tires with 3" lift.

33 and 35.jpg

Top Bottom