3.6 cylinder #5 misfire...

MoJT22

Well, wanted to throw this one out there to see if anyone else has had any similar experience.
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave 3.6 auto. 15k miles , experienced a flashing engine light getting on the interstate. Towed to dealer, pull p0305 cylinder 5 misfire. Then began a series of back and forth to the dealer for the same issue over a month as they could not diagnose consistently.
Fast forward to this week I reach out and they inform me that they have excluded everything external and have ordered rollers and lifters for #5 as the next "step" after reaching out to Jeep.
Again first time owner here, absolutely love my rig. Anyone else ever have something similar and if so can it be fixed for good? God Bless.

Well, wanted to throw this one out there to see if anyone else has had any similar experience.
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave 3.6 auto. 15k miles , experienced a flashing engine light getting on the interstate. Towed to dealer, pull p0305 cylinder 5 misfire. Then began a series of back and forth to the dealer for the same issue over a month as they could not diagnose consistently.
Fast forward to this week I reach out and they inform me that they have excluded everything external and have ordered rollers and lifters for #5 as the next "step" after reaching out to Jeep.
Again first time owner here, absolutely love my rig. Anyone else ever have something similar and if so can it be fixed for good? God Bless.
That's been a very very common issue on the 3.6 engines. But at only 15k, that seems rare and unusual. Did you buy it new? Have you done your oil changes? Even if you didn't change the oil in 15k, you shouldn't have a worn lifter or cam I wouldn't think though.

That's been a very very common issue on the 3.6 engines. But at only 15k, that seems rare and unusual. Did you buy it new? Have you done your oil changes? Even if you didn't change the oil in 15k, you shouldn't have a worn lifter or cam I wouldn't think though.
If it was a GM engine it would part of first maint lol oil change and new lifts at 7k

Bought it with only 1700 miles and yes, absolutely change the oil through mopar dealer service contracts. Guess we'll see. I'm not convinced the dealer is absolutely sure. I'll keep updates coming. Thank you.

Honestly it’s very possible that it’s a lifter and rocker arm issue. I have seen where the vehicle runs fine in the shop but under a load out on the road the lifter looses oil pressure and causes a misfire.

Only other option I can think of is an injector issue

Good to hear that. That is the scenario for sure. Hopefully this will do it, I've been too long without my rig. My wife will be happy I'm out of her Hellcat also. 😆

Well, the long awaited update is finally here. The lifters in cylinder 5 were spongy, loosing pressure at high rpm's. New lifters fixed the problem and under warranty also a plus. So glad to have my rig back in action. God bless.

Yeah me too. Only took a week to get them and install. The whole process through discovery was a month. Glad to have this behind me.

My 21 Mojave was throwing the same code repeatedly under heavier acceleration.
I setup an appointment and the plan was to swap the plug and coil pack with the adjacent cylinder.
They did that, and they also flashed the PCM with the Z37 update, and it has been flawless ever since.

Whether it was the ignition components not seated properly or the flash, or a combination of the two, I couldn't tell you.
But it's some 13,000 miles past that day now and no issues.
I have been getting Blackstone to do analysis at every oil change. So far there are no signs of excessive metal parts wearing.
15,000 change is coming soon.

Top Bottom