23' JLUR Front axle shafts changed?

BruceyZ06

Was looking at a new 2023 JL Rubicon today for the GF. I noticed the front axle shafts have boots on them. Did they change them to CVjoints?

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Is that full time 4WD? The one I'm looking at has this option:
4:1 Rock–Trac® Heavy–Duty Part–Time 4WD System

Yes, the Select Trac is full time 4wd.

I am not sure why a stock part time transfer-case equipped Jeep would have front axle CV joints, that is strange. Hopefully someone on the forum can answer this question for us.

BruceyZ06

I am not sure why a stock part time transfer-case equipped Jeep would have front axle CV joints, that is strange. Hopefully someone on the forum can answer this question for us.
According to the sales person which I have s hard timer believing, stated "jeep" decided to run all CV joints in the front to reduce less binding than the u-joints.... Maybe he's right who knows....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

According to the sales person which I have s hard timer believing, stated "jeep" decided to run all CV joints in the front to reduce less binding than the u-joints.... Maybe he's right who knows....
The all time 4WD was originally introduced for models like the Sahara and it was to help smooth out the feel when turning in 4WD. Essentially, get rid of the crow hop that some people feel when making extreme turns. Really kind of dumb but, there you have it.

The reason why it exists on the 392 was more to make it have the full time 4WD than anything. That helps to preserve the drive train from the power of the engine.

Top Bottom