2024 NEW YEAR's KICK OFF RUN

NevadaJohnny

Golden Nugget is a great choice, for those of you who have never been there. They have three good restaurants and they recently remodeled the lounge.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes.....so bummed out that I will not be joining this year's New Years run after going for the past 10 to 12 years.
I will be touring in Europe with my school group. Have a fun safe adventure.
I'm sorry to hear it but hope you have fun in Europe :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Soooooo... I've been talking to Mel from EVO and found out that he's moving his A2Z event from this coming weekend to the same day as our New Year Kick Off Run. Needless to say, I am posting this up now because this information will become public soon and I wanted to give you a chance and enough time to cancel out of our run to be a part of his. And please know that Cindy and I would not have any hard feelings if you did. I should note that unlike last year, Mel is planning 2 different runs, an easy scenic one and a hardcore badass one and I have no doubts that both will be a ton of fun. In fact, for those of you who really want to get out and wheel, I can assure you that the later is the real deal.

With that said, Mel did ask if we could just combine our run with his event and that is something I wanted to talk to you about as well. Much like we did back in 2019, we could move our run to Friday the 5th and make this into a 2 day event and with wheeling on both days. Certainly, our ending point in Laughlin would make this possible but, we would only do this if you can the time off and if there were substantial interest from all of you. If there isn't, we're more than happy to just keep things the way they are.

Anyway, we'd love to hear what you think about all this.

Last edited:
Soooooo... I've been talking to Mel from EVO and found out that he's moving his A2Z event from this coming weekend to the same day as our New Year Kick Off Run. Needless to say, I am posting this up now because this information will become public soon and I wanted to give you a chance and enough time to cancel out of our run to be a part of his. And please know that Cindy and I would not have any hard feelings if you did. I should note that unlike last year, Mel is planning 2 different runs, an easy scenic one and a hardcore badass one and I have no doubts that both will be a ton of fun. In fact, for those of you who really want to get out and wheel, I can assure you that the later is the real deal.

With that said, Mel did ask if we could just combine our run with his event and that is something I wanted to talk to you about as well. Much like we did back in 2019, we could move our run to Friday the 5th and make this into a 2 day event and with wheeling on both days. Certainly, our ending point in Laughlin would make this possible but, we would only do this if you can the time off and if there were substantial interest from all of you. If there isn't, we're more than happy to just keep things the way they are.

Anyway, we'd love to hear what you think about all this.
The 2019 run was epic as fuck so, count me in for a double run if it works out.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrailHunter

Hooked
So you are saying… a Wayalife only run Friday… then wheel with Mel & A2Z Participants Saturday… but hotels stay the same for Fri & Sat?

I dont think I can get there (Boulder) until Friday evening… so just trying to clarify.

I was wondering when the A2Z event would be! It was a lot fun last year when he held in what was the second weekend of December I believe. That's a bummer it falls on the same day as planned, but it sounds like Mel has a killer day planned.

Unfortunately, I was already approved off January 5th, 6th, and 7th. I live in San Diego and Boulder City is a good 5 hours or so from me, so I planned on driving up Friday morning and even was going to stop by Vegas to see a friend prior to meeting up at the hotel with the Wayalife gang back down at the Best Western in BC at what would probably be late afternoon/evening I assume - with the run the following day on the 6th, and return home Sunday the 7th in the afternoon or evening.

Brianna can't make it as usual which is easier lol, but while 2 days of wheeling would be great fun, I don't think I'd be able make it there until Friday evening as well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The 2019 run was epic as fuck so, count me in for a double run if it works out.
I appreciate you chiming in.
So you are saying… a Wayalife only run Friday… then wheel with Mel & A2Z Participants Saturday… but hotels stay the same for Fri & Sat?

I dont think I can get there (Boulder) until Friday evening… so just trying to clarify.
Yes and no. The WAYALIFE run we're planning would need to be moved up to Friday and everyone would do the A2Z thing on Saturday. Hotels would be in the same location but would need to be bumped up to Thursday night in Boulder City and then Laughlin on Friday and Saturday if you're staying the night after the run.

I don't think most people could get out until Friday evening and that's why we're reluctant to change things up. If we were to make the change, you would just want to book in Laughlin and do Mel's run.
I was wondering when the A2Z event would be! It was a lot fun last year when he held in what was the second weekend of December I believe. That's a bummer it falls on the same day as planned, but it sounds like Mel has a killer day planned.

Unfortunately, I was already approved off January 5th, 6th, and 7th. I live in San Diego and Boulder City is a good 5 hours or so from me, so I planned on driving up Friday morning and even was going to stop by Vegas to see a friend prior to meeting up at the hotel with the Wayalife gang back down at the Best Western in BC at what would probably be late afternoon/evening I assume - with the run the following day on the 6th, and return home Sunday the 7th in the afternoon or evening.

Brianna can't make it as usual which is easier lol, but while 2 days of wheeling would be great fun, I don't think I'd be able make it there until Friday evening as well.
Thanks for letting me know. Like I said, the plan is to keep things the way they are unless there's substantial interest in changing things up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
sounds like a good time either way, I wouldn’t be able to make a Friday run, but could still link up Friday night-Sunday am.
Okay, I'm glad to hear you'd still be willing to come even if it's just to do the A2Z event. I'll keep you posted if we make that change.
I would love to combine the 2. But would need to know ASAP in order to make arrangements.
Yeah, I think that would be the case for most people and that's why I'm putting this out now. I hope to make a determination ASAP but would still like to hear from a few more people on the list. I hope you can understand.

Top Bottom