2021 JLUR wiring loom routes

JR-G

Looking for the route that the existing wiring loom uses so I can follow with the new wiring for lights rear.

jeeeep

Hooked
factory wiring from the rear to the front runs along the top of the passenger side frame rail.

depending on what you are installing, you may want to go along the passenger interior but it requires taking the interior apart

JR-G

When you say "runs along top of passenger side frame rail"
You are talking about the jeeps frame?
Installing backup lights below the taillights.
I will look closer.
Thanks

CalSgt

Hooked
I will look closer.
Thanks
I wired my additional backup lights to the tail light, pop the tail light out and splice into the harness there. Really easy to rout the wiring down to the bumper or wherever from there. This is also and easy spot to access in the future if there are issues and a common place people splice in trailer wiring so mechanics will think to look there if there are issues in the future.

I guess this only works if you want the extra lights to come on automatically when you shift into reverse, and are using lights with minimal amperage draw.

JimLee

Hooked
I will look closer.
Thanks
Yes, Jeeps passenger side frame rail and over the gas tank, chafe guarded and tied down securely. Watch for pinch points and sharp edges as you get into the rear axle area. You can go up right behind the main batt if you route behind the front passenger wheel well liner.

Top Bottom