2021 JL with Start/Stop but NO AUX battery??

blazer

Caught the Bug
Couple weeks ago got the "No AUX switches, battery charging" message. Went and got the small portable lithium battery jump kit as Eddie recommended. Went to O'Rilley's and got the small AUX battery. Had to use the jump start twice so started the process of changing
the AUX battery, but went through the tire and fender removable method, did not want to mess with electrical. AND...got the small box
enclosure off and no AUX battery. So not sure what to do. ideas???

Tixslam

Do you have the 3.6? My 21 with the 3.6 has a bigass battery under the vehicle. When I get the battery charging message I just drive it a while and all is well with the world.

blazer

Caught the Bug
Thanks, yes, 3.6 with etorque. Battery voltage display ranges from 12.4 at start up to 14.0. Also have trailer package which indicates larger size battery. And reviewed warranty, 36 months or 36 k. I have 35,842 miles, so still under warranty.
So,,,go to dealer or just get new battery from O'Rileys????? Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, yes, 3.6 with etorque. Battery voltage display ranges from 12.4 at start up to 14.0. Also have trailer package which indicates larger size battery. And reviewed warranty, 36 months or 36 k. I have 35,842 miles, so still under warranty.
I would definitely take it to the dealership and have them replace it under warranty. IF it's the big 48v battery that's your problem, it'll cost a pretty penny to replace.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Go to dealer. Battery will be replaced under factory bumper to bumper warranty

kevman65

Hooked
Get it to the dealer before your clock turns 36,000. If they don't have one in stock, you're on the list with the mileage being under.

On a side note, if I dug into changing the AUX battery from either direction and didn't find a battery, I'd be PISSED.

OH, if you have to get a 12V battery on your own, get a Bosch, 4 year warranty, everyone else seems to be a 3 year now.

Top Bottom