2017 WAYALIFE Whiskey Wanderlust : Tonopah to Virginia City

JAGS

Hooked
It was great that you and Amy could join in on the fun. I'm also glad that you were able to stick it out all the way to Frey Ranch before having to take off. Were you ever able to address that rock stuck in your tire? :crazyeyes:

No way we were missing Frey ranch! I've been so swamped since we got back, I barely had time to get the Jeep almost clean (that mud was like dried cement). Haven't pulled the rock and I'm thinking of it as my special souvenir. Lol. [emoji23]

IMG_2201.jpg

Hopefully I'll have time to address my pet rock this weekend. It's in there pretty good, and made it the whole drive back and then some. [emoji85][emoji33]

kawimoto

Wow. Looks like a blast. Great trip report and photos. Love seeing all this old history out there.

It's so cool to see the trips you guys make! Really gets my mind going thinking up trips and adventures of our own to get into! Agreed with WJCO very cool indeed seeing old history that too many people have forgotten

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No way we were missing Frey ranch! I've been so swamped since we got back, I barely had time to get the Jeep almost clean (that mud was like dried cement). Haven't pulled the rock and I'm thinking of it as my special souvenir. Lol. [emoji23]

Hopefully I'll have time to address my pet rock this weekend. It's in there pretty good, and made it the whole drive back and then some. [emoji85][emoji33]

HA! I'll bet you can pull it and you'd be fine. It's probably just in the meat of the lug. You should probably save it as a pet rock though :D

So cool. Not many places in the country you can do something like this - a bar crawl completely off road lol. Thanks for posting this up!

Fortunately, there are more ghost towns than living towns in Nevada and a handful of people committed to keeping their watering holes alive as long as they are. Don't really know of any other state that you could do something like this or at least, to this extent.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As an addendum, we finally got Rubicat all cleaned up again. Took a lot of elbow grease and I'm sure we'll find what we missed sooner or later but for now, here she is.
final.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tmcgean

Awesome Trip!!

We had a great trip with you, Cindy, Tessa and the trail group, and are so glad that you put together the Saloon Tour that Jim has been wanting to do for quite awhile now. It was quite the adventure to be on the historical trails and to hang out with such nice people that enjoy doing this too. I would do it again in a heartbeat! Looking forward to the next trail ride!

Tona

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We had a great trip with you, Cindy, Tessa and the trail group, and are so glad that you put together the Saloon Tour that Jim has been wanting to do for quite awhile now. It was quite the adventure to be on the historical trails and to hang out with such nice people that enjoy doing this too. I would do it again in a heartbeat! Looking forward to the next trail ride!

Tona

Hey Tona - it's so good to have you here and I'm so glad that you and Jim had a good time. Ever since he first mentioned the idea of doing something like this, Cindy and I had been chomping at the bit to do it. We really appreciate Jim trusting us to make it happen and we can only hope that we were able to capture the essence of what he was wanting to do. So looking forward to the next installment and I'm counting on the two of you to be there :cool:

Eddie

sanko

Wish I was there

It'd be a lot harder to keep a vast majority of it all off road but I could totally see something like this being done in Colorado. Perhaps a future leg of the WAYALIFE Whiskey Wanderlust :cool:

It was a great time and I thought about you on this one. Lodging was really tight though and we maxed out on rooms before we finished planning the trip. If you think you can join us for a future installment, let me know. :yup:

Thanks! It really is so amazing just how much there is still out there to see.

Beautiful pictures! Wish I was there... Sanko

HighlanderJK

I'm glad to hear you and Michelle enjoyed yourselves on this trip. I know you're familiar with the kind of long days we sometimes have but I wasn't sure how Michelle would do with them. The mud pit definitely added a bit of excitement to the trip. I hope you'll join us on future adventures :cool:

What an awesome adventure! Et and I had a great time. We enjoyed the tour, the history, the eats & drinks, meeting some interesting locals, going to places we would never go (were it not for a Jeep), but most of all, the memories built with good friends! Thanks, Eddie and Cindy, for planning this epic adventure, and allowing us to be a part of it! A wicked good time! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

tmcgean

Hey Tona - it's so good to have you here and I'm so glad that you and Jim had a good time. Ever since he first mentioned the idea of doing something like this, Cindy and I had been chomping at the bit to do it. We really appreciate Jim trusting us to make it happen and we can only hope that we were able to capture the essence of what he was wanting to do. So looking forward to the next installment and I'm counting on the two of you to be there :cool:

Eddie

You most certainly did capture the essence of what Jim wanted to do on this trip! Thanks again!!

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I don't know how anybody can scroll through a thread like this and not be inspired. I believe all of us Jeepers and particularly Wayalifers, always have a dream of doing something like this in the back of our minds. Eddie, you have a gift for making those of us who weren't there, feel like we were. Thanks for that.

Trail Bud

Hooked
It was an epic trip, so much over 3 days. I need the trip report to remember the things we saw. It was a fun time with good friends. You put a lot of effort into this and it paid off. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
That looks like it was an epic trip! Some much awesome history and so well preserved too! Thank you for sharing. [emoji106]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a blast!!

Honestly, it really was and way more so than I think any of us had imagined. Of course, who you do something like this with will make all the difference and fortunately for us, we were surrounded by good friends. :yup:

What an awesome adventure! Et and I had a great time. We enjoyed the tour, the history, the eats & drinks, meeting some interesting locals, going to places we would never go (were it not for a Jeep), but most of all, the memories built with good friends! Thanks, Eddie and Cindy, for planning this epic adventure, and allowing us to be a part of it! A wicked good time! [emoji6]

I won't lie, I was really hoping to see Shell on this trip but I still had a wicked good time with you and I'm so glad that you were able to join us for the crazy fun. I so hope you'll be able to join us on more of our adventures :cool:

You most certainly did capture the essence of what Jim wanted to do on this trip! Thanks again!!

Awesome, we're glad to hear it :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know how anybody can scroll through a thread like this and not be inspired. I believe all of us Jeepers and particularly Wayalifers, always have a dream of doing something like this in the back of our minds. Eddie, you have a gift for making those of us who weren't there, feel like we were. Thanks for that.

Thank you, I really do appreciate it and hope that you'll be able to join us in person on one of our crazy adventures in the future :yup:

It was an epic trip, so much over 3 days. I need the trip report to remember the things we saw. It was a fun time with good friends. You put a lot of effort into this and it paid off. Thanks.

So glad that you were able to join us for this trip, definitely had a hell of a good time. :thumb:

That looks like it was an epic trip! Some much awesome history and so well preserved too! Thank you for sharing. [emoji106]

Glad you enjoyed the post. With any luck, we'll be able to keep the history out here well preserved. :yup:

Absolutely agree with AZ Explorer! Well done and thanks for taking us along Cindy and Eddie!!

Thank you, I'm so glad that you enjoyed the post :cool:

Top Bottom