2016 Wayalife End of Summer WINDROCK Run - Official Event Thread

Added the NEW run groups to the first post. They are also posted below. Had to change a few things around recently. Unless something unexpected happens, these should be pretty close to the groups for the event.

Adv Group 8-17-16.PNG

Int Group 8-17-16.PNG

This can't get here soon enough!! Idk what I'm more excited about, the goodies, the wheeling, the hopefully as good as grandmas butterfinger cake, or the Sunday Waffle House run. Side note the jeep is all put back together and ready to roll. Another plus is my wife and I have been looking to upgrade to a larger SUV for her. Might be getting a tow rig sooner than I thought. Would make the trip up more comfortable

This can't get here soon enough!! Idk what I'm more excited about, the goodies, the wheeling, the hopefully as good as grandmas butterfinger cake, or the Sunday Waffle House run. Side note the jeep is all put back together and ready to roll. Another plus is my wife and I have been looking to upgrade to a larger SUV for her. Might be getting a tow rig sooner than I thought. Would make the trip up more comfortable

NICE!! :rock:

Me too buddy, I torqued all my suspension bolts and wheels spacers. Waiting on my EVO d-ring kit to be delivered and a oil change. We should be ready to roll

Where is everyone driving in from? Distance/location/travel time?

I'm coming from Clemson, SC (TN and Auburn Graduate..don't get the Real tigers confused).

~215 miles
~4 hrs with trailer.

Yea that gives the general states and provinces (Canada), but I was looking for city, mileage, and haul/drive time!

Coming from Phenix city, AL. 5 hours 325 miles. Haven't figured out if I will be able to trailer it up(which I really would like to) or have to drive it up with my small trailer holding all my stuff

Coming from Phenix city, AL. 5 hours 325 miles. Haven't figured out if I will be able to trailer it up(which I really would like to) or have to drive it up with my small trailer holding all my stuff

Cool. I've been through Phoenix city numerous times..Used to fish lake Eufaula couple times a year! Good luck in Atlanta traffic and the bottle neck in Chattanooga (where I75 and I24 meet)!

Last edited:
Cool. I've been through Phoenix city numerous times..Used to fish lake Eufaula couple times a year! Good luck in Atlanta traffic and the bottle neck in Chattanooga (where I75 and I24 meet)!

Chattanooga is a breeze compared to Atlanta. Especially near I285/75/Marietta.

It's really a s**thole of a town. I work out of auburn al, plans are to move there in the next few years. I do as much as I can there to avoid having to go into town or Columbus ga. I should be ok with traffic in Atlanta I will be going through around 9-10

Winston-Salem NC, 4 hours and just over 200 miles. I don't even use my GPS anymore I've been to Windrock so many times lol.

Hello all I wanted to post these for help as we are one week away. These are not the end al be all but they are to help. If anyone has anything better please post it up. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471531478.798881.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471531493.164285.jpg

Coming from Sandy Springs GA its 218 miles to the campground. Only takes 3.5hrs to get there without stopping but normally do it in 4.

Top Bottom