2016 SEMA : Nitto Tire/EVO Spicy Chicken Jeep JK Wrangler

n3tfury

What a great looking build and not over the top like so many at SEMA. That's some quality parts and years of experience packaged into one fantastic looking (and I'm sure performing) rig.

Draconianwinter

Tacky . I think black is the new chrome. Black wheels, black accents on jeeps looks very tacky now. Since black is the only accent color people use for jeeps anymore. Getting old. When I think of gold on a offroad jeep, I think competition like king of hammer rigs. Gives it a race rig look.
Everyone has there own opinion. If that's what you like then power to ya. That's mine like I said both times

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkris

I'm curious about that rear bumper! When and if will it be available? Also are those boat sides available in 2 dr?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
So is that a 40 hanging off their new body mounted tire carrier? I though it was good up to a 37.

Super Clean Dream jeep!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's rated to a 37, Mel will do what the hell he wants and test it with a 40. I personally have no doubts it'll be fine too.

IMO most clean and more importantly the most capable jeep at SEMA. I can't believe I like gold and red. They pulled it off nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Journeyman

I've sat in an Evo jeep with doors at the expo and they didn't give me any visibility down. I love all the Evo stuff but these I'm not a fan of. The opening looks like a perfect place to funnel dust into the interior.

SDG

Caught the Bug
I've sat in an Evo jeep with doors at the expo and they didn't give me any visibility down. I love all the Evo stuff but these I'm not a fan of. The opening looks like a perfect place to funnel dust into the interior.

I am going to guess the only visibily out the lower hole is going to be out the passenger door to see the slider if you dont have a passanger (maybe?)? Driver side you are going to look over the door or maybe thats just me.

I am pretty sure if you are running half doors without an upper the dust is no suprize, and wont be much different. Most full half doors dont have the meat to seal and keep water out (except the factory halves which weigh a ton) so it is what it is. Really i think you either like the estethics or you dont.

Just my 2c.

I like the build, only question would be why the front currie instead of the air actuated no limits :)

BlacknRedJK

I am going to guess the only visibily out the lower hole is going to be out the passenger door to see the slider if you dont have a passanger (maybe?)? Driver side you are going to look over the door or maybe thats just me.

I am pretty sure if you are running half doors without an upper the dust is no suprize, and wont be much different. Most full half doors dont have the meat to seal and keep water out (except the factory halves which weigh a ton) so it is what it is. Really i think you either like the estethics or you dont.

Just my 2c.

I like the build, only question would be why the front currie instead of the air actuated no limits :)

I asked Mel the same question in Instagram last week. This was a sport, so no e-disco to set up the air actuated setup on.

Journeyman

Just my 2c.

Not really much through the passenger side either. Maybe a sliver with no passengers. But really the seat are directly behind that opening so they pretty much block any visibility. If I'm gonna invest in half doors I will probably invest in the rugged ridge doors. They actually have an inner door panel and seals some what from the elements giving you the option to run upper and be sealed off from the elements. Don't get me wrong I love spicy chicken and watched the build on Instagram and would wheel the shit out of that thing and hopefully this next spring I'll be dropping off my rig at Evo for its next evolution.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Actually, I'll have to disagree here. I have found that running Rugged Ridge half doors cuts dust coming up inside the cab from the front tires quite a bit. Also, they do have seals and they do surprisingly well to help keep water from splashing in and even if it's a little more than just a splash. Now, this is not to say that I don't like the EVO doors because I do and I do think they look cool.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Actually, I'll have to disagree here. I have found that running Rugged Ridge half doors cuts dust coming up inside the cab from the front tires quite a bit. Also, they do have seals and they do surprisingly well to help keep water from splashing in and even if it's a little more than just a splash. Now, this is not to say that I don't like the EVO doors because I do and I do think they look cool.
Good points Eddie. I was more saying that if you are running with no upper (or even a full door with window down) on a dusty trail, you are going to take some of the trail home with you haha. I didn't know the RR doors sealed out the water that well so thanks for the correction.

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom