2016 SEMA : MyTop XJ Transformed Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

FL-GA

Great build! Interesting front-end. Maybe not exactly what I would do, but life would get pretty boring if we all liked the same thing. Personally, I like the square headlights. If you compare YJ sales to CJ sales, it would seem that I'm not alone.

Tekel

I want to like it so bad. But it comes across as some weird chinese matchbox knockoff because the proportions are just off enough between the 2 to cause some uncanny valley type feelings.

geberhard

Douchebag
I got a chance to meet Greg and he is a great guy and did an awesome amount of quality work. Seeing it in person it looks like it came from factory like that. Definitely different and got a great amount of buzz on the area. I prefer it 1000 times over the POS looking JK on 26" deep dish wheels, but that is just my opinion :) People also argued about the M715 and other Mopar concept builds and it was cool to see some different well done. Sicne Eddie posted this in a few days over 1000 views on this thread, so people either like it or hate it, but the formula seems to be working well to attract attention to their product.

The work Greg did is superb, great execution and a lot of work took place to make the parts fit well and look proportionate like grafting and modifying several parts like the hood and fender, bezels, etc. The base is a 15 Rubi, supercharged, and he is running 35's with stock Rubi suspension for teh time being. I got a chance to peek under the hood and here are a few pics:

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

20161102_131902.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'd have a hard time deciding whether or not to wave at this rig? :cheesy:

BTW what is with the one slot being painted? Second one I've seen like that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It's got a Teraflex tire carrier AND a super charger?!? Damn, that schizit is da bomb. :crazy_eyes:

I bet he wants to have a word with you Eddie and change your mind about the awesomeness of the build.

Honestly, it reminds me of the Jeep Commando. In 1972, after the sale of Kaiser to AMC, Jeep dropped the Jeepster Name for the Jeepster Commando, put the bullnose grille on it, and called it the Jeep Commando. It died out in early 1973...most likely because the it doesn't look like a Jeep without the Jeep Grille!!!

9692B65F-4D52-4AA7-9661-D1DC6863D277_zpsw0w29ui7.jpg

Vrede

Not sure if I like the grill but the top is the worst part on the Jeep. Looks like someone is pushing if from the inside.

Ddays

Hooked
IDK about this thing.

Yes it's different, but to quote the Great Mudmobeeler (with props to Boardsurfers signature) with a slight modification:

Different doesn't make it desirable. It's rare that I shit my pants, but when I do it's usually not desirable. Lol.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I think it's looks odd because it has a 1990 grill on a new jeep. They tried to do what Jeep did with the crew Chief and Jk trucks with the Gladiator grill. They just failed to hit the mark.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom