2016 Jeep Wrangler - Looks Like it's Coming for Sure

Call me a noob but uhh what are the benfits of a steel roof other than heavy? Durability?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

There are a lot of people who NEVER take their tops off. For them, this could be a perk. That, and you could have to come with rag top or dual sunroof.

LOL!! That too. :crazyeyes:

Hmmm I never had any issue with leaking *Crosses fingers*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Over a year ago, I had posted up the following preview of Mopar's future of which was originally published on AllPar's website. At the time, the information was said to be a fixed representation of what we could expect to see and so far, it's been pretty accurate.

attachment.php

As shown for the Jeep brand, we did get a new Cherokee in 2013, we did get a refresh of the Grand Cherokee in 2013, we are now seeing a new B-Jeep called the Renegade in 2014 and so far as I can tell, everything is pointing to a 2015 release of a Grand Wagoneer - just as the chart above had stated. Now, if we can trust that this chart will remain accurate and look ahead, I think it's pretty clear that we will for sure see a refreshed Wrangler in 2016. Whether or not it'll come with a steel roof, in a pick-up or even IFS, nobody knows for sure but, I think it's looking more and more likely that we will see something new for at least the Wrangler. To back this up, here is a new preview that AllPar just posted up today and by the look of it, things still seem to be on track.

View attachment 73659

I don't know about any of you but I'm eager to see what they come out with next!! :thumb:

I actually see this chart as a positive. To me it means a light to heavy refresh of the existing platform. With that in mind, I don't see IFS much less IRS coming into play. Plus it should provide some commonality between JK's and post refresh which is also a positive for both vehicles as there will already be significant R&D into aftermarket parts for the platform and JK owners might be able to update some components to newer better tech.

Here's to hoping the refresh means that JK aftermarket parts become cheaper.

AMEN!!! lol

I don't understand why everyone is so hellbent on smashing the newer designs. When did the Patriot/Liberty line EVER really look good lol! These are not the Wrangler and vice versa. I'm really really looking forward to drivetrain options!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don't think the Patriots and Libertys have ever looked bad...the Compass however, started off horribly.

"Frankly, I know that if I screw up the next Wrangler, then I probably wouldn't be able to leave my house for a long time."

Michael Manley - President and CEO - Jeep Brand

"Frankly, I know that if I screw up the next Wrangler, then I probably wouldn't be able to leave my house for a long time."

Michael Manley - President and CEO - Jeep Brand

the man is British........he'll hide on his island on the far yonder side of the pond while driving his Indian built Land Rover defender!!!:D

What if, in a crazy turn of events, they make a truck with the alleged IFS into a pre runner jeep, make the original 4 door and 2 door models with live axles and v8s, and say "I think we made our crowd happy for once"?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm knocking on wood while saying this but my soft op nor my hardtop have leaked yet.:sly:

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Major down pour here in MO today. My hardtop leaked over the radio and at the passenger B pillar. Only does it after sitting in a hard rain for awhile. Not enough to make me want a solid non removable top :naw:

Top Bottom