2016 Factory Service Manual

lonestarnation

Done some searching on different forums but haven't been able to find an answer to this: What's the best/cheapest way to get my hands on a factory service manual for a 2016 JKU? Just got my JK 4 days ago and making a list of mods.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Like a repair manual? or the user manual that comes with the jeep?

If you have an iphone you can download a jeep app, that has all the manuals for every model jeep which is a nice thing to have I think.

WJCO

Meme King
Done some searching on different forums but haven't been able to find an answer to this: What's the best/cheapest way to get my hands on a factory service manual for a 2016 JKU? Just got my JK 4 days ago and making a list of mods.

If you're talking about the owner's manual and want a copy to keep in the Jeep, dealership can order them and I've had luck finding used ones on ebay.

WarriorJeep

If you want the dealer version service manual there are two options:

1) make nice with the service manager and talk him out of the dvd
2) order one direct from Chrysler $420

option 1 worked for me, service mgr let me copy the dvd while I was at the dealership getting some work done...no charge

SilverBack

If you want the dealer version service manual there are two options:

1) make nice with the service manager and talk him out of the dvd
2) order one direct from Chrysler $420

option 1 worked for me, service mgr let me copy the dvd while I was at the dealership getting some work done...no charge

Give you 5 bucks to burn a copy for me or post it to Dropbox or something....

lonestarnation

Factory service manual, not owner's manual. I bought the TJ FSM back in the day on CD off ebay for $20. Can't believe no one is out there doing that for the JK. Warriorjeep, are you interested in burning copies for $20 or something? I don't know how people survive without it.

WarriorJeep

I'll put it up on the cloud and link it here this evening or early tomorrow that way anyone who is interested can share in the bounty of Chrysler knowledge

Tree Frog

That would be very cool of you to do that. Thank you so much in advance.
Just about went nuts trying to find one, with no luck.

Back a few years ago I bought the factory manual for my Frontier for like 10 bucks on ebay. Gave it to the new owner, man was he happy.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'll put it up on the cloud and link it here this evening or early tomorrow that way anyone who is interested can share in the bounty of Chrysler knowledge

Actually, don't. I'm pretty sure the service manual is copyrighted. Uploading it to any kind of file sharing site is no different in my book than someone using Eddie's photos for their own personal gain, or giving away counterfeit versions of WAL stickers.

Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I take intellectual property rights seriously.

Last edited:

WarriorJeep

You might have a good point there, to get a definitive answer ill ask Steve the service manager who gave it to me and see what his opinion is

SilverBack

Sharky has a valid point. Sharing is one thing posting or publishing is another. Good call. Keep us informed please.

scull20

You might have a good point there, to get a definitive answer ill ask Steve the service manager who gave it to me and see what his opinion is

Not trying to beat a dead horse here...I'd love to have a copy of the service manual, but even if the service manager gives you his blessing, FCA may have a different opinion about it being openly shared.

...just one peon's thoughts, lol

Skid_Kid

You could always get AlldataDIY for $27 a year. That way when new TSB's and updates come out you will have it on the fly instead of an outdated DVD......

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Actually, don't. I'm pretty sure the service manual is copyrighted. Uploading it to any kind of file sharing site is no different in my book than someone using Eddie's photos for their own personal gain, or giving away counterfeit versions of WAL stickers.

Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I take intellectual property rights seriously.

I'm with sharkey on this.

WarriorJeep

So....Steve V the service manager at Mark's Casa Jeep in Albuquerque was consulted. Sorry gents, but because its an item they actually sell and not just some random book of secrets I cannot post it up here.

But on the up side you can still go to your local dealer and get a copy! :2thumbsup:

So just to be clear, its all Sharkey's fault!

werks

I hope that I'm not violating any rules by putting up an outside link (to E-bay) but this is where I bought my service/repair manual on disk. I have a '15 and although the manuals are listed for '12-'14 I do not believe that there are going to be very few mechanical changes between '14 & 15-16 production years so I pulled the trigger to have it on hand. The CD's come from Australia and are from an officaly liscenced source. Ended up costing me about $16 at the time including shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191474453296?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Top Bottom