2015 WAYALIFE Pilgrimage to the Promised Land MEGA THREAD

sparkymoffett

Crippled Petey...i know you don't know me but, Myself and another will be going through Grand Junction on Friday to Moab. I'd be happy to pick ya up, take ya to moab so you can hang with the others..and then bring ya back through on Sunday.

Crippled Petey...i know you don't know me but, Myself and another will be going through Grand Junction on Friday to Moab. I'd be happy to pick ya up, take ya to moab so you can hang with the others..and then bring ya back through on Sunday.

Thank you for the offer! Hopefully we know something by then :yup:

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
Looks like a great trip. The photos are awesome.

I hope your rig is up and running and doesn't make too much of a dent in your wallet, Pete.

rich67

Caught the Bug
Looks like Lake Powell..love it there. Hopefully you guys are going to be taking Utah Scenic Byway 12 through Escalante to get to Moab..great highway and amazing views along the way...

Well here is where I'm at...

What is known:
They have ran a few electrical tests and have determined that both cam shaft sensors (which we figured one was bad) are faulty. As well my crankshaft sensor is bad and at least one of my coils is bad too.

They had one sensor in stock but had to special order the others from Denver. They said the likelihood of them showing up early tomorrow or even at all tomorrow were slim. They said once they had all the sensors replaced and my electrical system checked out they would move to mechanical.

Unknown:
They have no clue if there is any damage in the cylinders, heads, bent rod, barrings, etc. They are extremely concerned due to the fact I've had my head gasket and heads checked prior. When it first started it sounded like a slight knock but later in the day it wasn't there (never stayed consistent with rpm).

Now:
So since they were at least a day but most likely two or three before they knew anything I chose to hop a flight and head home and wait in the comfort of my own Casa.

Thanks again to everyone who offered rides, places to stay, even vehicles to drive in Moab!!

Even though this sucks just look at the bright side...screw the bright side I want my jeep back :cheesy:

Rccrwlr

What is known:
They have ran a few electrical tests and have determined that both cam shaft sensors (which we figured one was bad) are faulty. As well my crankshaft sensor is bad and at least one of my coils is bad too.

They had one sensor in stock but had to special order the others from Denver. They said the likelihood of them showing up early tomorrow or even at all tomorrow were slim. They said once they had all the sensors replaced and my electrical system checked out they would move to mechanical.

Unknown:
They have no clue if there is any damage in the cylinders, heads, bent rod, barrings, etc. They are extremely concerned due to the fact I've had my head gasket and heads checked prior. When it first started it sounded like a slight knock but later in the day it wasn't there (never stayed consistent with rpm).

Now:
So since they were at least a day but most likely two or three before they knew anything I chose to hop a flight and head home and wait in the comfort of my own Casa.

Thanks again to everyone who offered rides, places to stay, even vehicles to drive in Moab!!

Even though this sucks just look at the bright side...screw the bright side I want my jeep back :cheesy:

Crazy. It truly is a wayalife.

What is known:

Unknown:

Now:

That's sucks Jason. Hope they get it all fixed for you. Hey at least you'll get to come wine tasting this weekend.

I'm far from being a very good mechanic, but it sounds strange that ALL of those sensors went bad at the same time... Unless an underlying electrical issue caused it? Hope they can get it sorted out soon.

Top Bottom