2014 SEMA Switch Pros - AWARD WINNING PRODUCT

steve_r2

Before I pull the trigger on this can anyone tell me how this will work with a dual battery system ?
I am not electrical minded so simple explanation needed lol.
I have a dual battery system (Painless Performance Digital Battery manager P/N 40120) in 2009 JKU.
Are these compatible ? Do I substitute one for the other or are both ok ?
Appreciate your thoughts

Cheers

Switch-Pros

Before I pull the trigger on this can anyone tell me how this will work with a dual battery system ?
I am not electrical minded so simple explanation needed lol.
I have a dual battery system (Painless Performance Digital Battery manager P/N 40120) in 2009 JKU.
Are these compatible ? Do I substitute one for the other or are both ok ?
Appreciate your thoughts

Cheers

You would connect the Switch-Pros battery cable directly to the MAIN battery.

The Painless Performance directions say: Do not connect anything other than the digital power manager to your auxiliary battery....

Using both systems is no problem. I would still use the switch panels low voltage disconnect feature to make sure none of your switch panel loads drain your battery.

Robert

steve_r2

The Painless Performance directions say: Do not connect anything other than the digital power manager to your auxiliary battery....

Using both systems is no problem. I would still use the switch panels low voltage disconnect feature to make sure none of your switch panel loads drain your battery.

Robert

Thanks Robert,
It's great when the manufacturers actually take time to respond to a thread .
Greatly appreciated.
Steve

Magilla

Switch Pros SP8100 and Genesis Dual Battery Setup

In mid-June, I installed the switch-pros system in my 13 JKU with a Genesis dual battery setup I had previously installed. Installation was smooth as silk, other than not being able to mount the unit on the firewall because of the dual battery setup. I ended up making my own bracket and mounting it to the Genesis mount on top of the battery. I had a couple questions and called their support line at 5:15 and left a message. Laura called me back by 5:30 while she was making dinner, took my questions, and then called me back 1o minutes later after conferring with her husband. I was reading some voltage on the wires with the switch off, turns out it's normal because of the mosfet circuitry. My other question was regarding hot/hey hot, but I just had to move a fuse over one slot in my fuse box to solve my issue. Great people making a great product. Anyone complaining about the cost hasn't seen the time and spaghetti mess involved with wiring 8 ice cube relays to 8 switches, and the end result is bulky and nowhere near water proof.

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 382
  • engine compartment.jpg
    engine compartment.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 381

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Robert

I probably missed it somewhere but will this allow me to have a 3-way switch for auxiliary rear lights? Come on when put in reverse with a manual override? Thanks... :beer:

Top Bottom