2013 SEMA Show LIVE Coverage

StrizzyChris

IF the ifs talk is true....and I would be spending all that upgrading.... I would probably go with a solid axle conversion.

StrizzyChris

If take that and run a long travel kit on the jeep. Would be badass.

It would be tough or nearly impossible to run long enough A-arms in a street production vehicle to allow for much wheel travel. Combined with maintaining a LCOG, I don't know. That's why all the FJs are going solid axle. Only custom buggys really have that kind of room to allow much articulation. BUT I do agree that the right IFS setup is just as badass as a solid with the added benefit of ground clearance.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It would be tough or nearly impossible to run long enough A-arms in a street production vehicle to allow for much wheel travel. Combined with maintaining a LCOG, I don't know. That's why all the FJs are going solid axle. Only custom buggys really have that kind of room to allow much articulation. BUT I do agree that the right IFS setup is just as badass as a solid with the added benefit of ground clearance.

Just get out a saw and your good to go. Same thing we do to keep LCG with larger tires now.

GCM 2

Can't see those joints lasting under torque when locked...

Easy fix, just run 934 series CV Joints, or for complete bullet proofing run 30 series CV joints with 300m shafts. If mid-engined Baja Class 1 Truggies with 800hp engines run them, I'm sure a jeep will be ok with this ;)

I would not expect many people to know this, but this is Jim McGean owner of Dynatrac, he is running this exact IRS axle set up in this Chrysler Mfg car with their Drag Package. It's actually a really strong set up.

image-1278727205.jpg

Last edited:

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Easy fix, just run 934 series CV Joints, or for complete bullet proofing run 30 series CV joints with 300m shafts. If mid-engined Baja Class 1 Truggies with 800hp engines run them, I'm sure a jeep will be ok with this ;)

I would not expect many people to know this, but this is Jim McGean owner of Dynatrac, he is running this exact IRS axle set up in this Chrysler Mfg car with their Drag Package. It's actually a really strong set up.

View attachment 55702

Not to say his setup is not strong, but that Challenger does not have 14" of wheel travel to deal with.

GCM 2

Not to say his setup is not strong, but that Challenger does not have 14" of wheel travel to deal with.

You need to start studying up on off road racing, because transaxles and center diff sections in multiple classes of baja racing and Ultra 4 Unlimited class racing (King of the Hammers) not only have vehicles that run 300-800(+) horsepower, but they also have as much as 28" of wheel travel and have a track width that is the same or not that much wider than my full width solid 1 ton axle JK.

Dynatrac IFS will work in any of these race cars that have two to three times the suspension travel of your Jeep

image-3463487503.jpg

image-144440641.jpg

image-2826270470.jpg

image-3729906452.jpg

Last edited:

DCR JEEP

View attachment 55702

I would like to see the price range of the this dynatrac IFS axle if it is all already out for sale. I wonder if it would be cheaper just to do a solid axle swap in the front?

Top Bottom