2013 SEMA Falken NEW Mud Terrain Tire

Discount Tire

We're biting at the bit to try a set of these out. I have a feeling we are going to see some pretty cool stuff in 2014 involving Falken and this tire.

Hopefully we will have prices and an ETA soon.

Last edited:

cboggs

What size are the tires in the photo?

Knowing this info will help put things in to perspective. Typically, larger/wider means bigger lugs and bigger voids.

Good eye on the spare not matching. That's a pretty big marketing oversight. I wonder who caught flak for that gaff?

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

Sidewall says 37x12.50x17

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
We're biting at the bit to try a set of these out. I have a feeling we are going to see some pretty cool stuff in 2014 involving Falken and this tire.

Hopefully we will have prices and an ETA soon.

Nice!

I was wishing they'd be more creative with their first MT but I guess I can't hate too much, they'll learn. I'm sure they'll come out with better versions over the next few years.

Discount Tire

I talked to one of our friends and Falken and I'm told this is a Prototype still. This model will be used in the 2014 off road race seasons. If all goes well, it should be released to consumers by this time next year.

dgriz

Bummer! I will be purchasing my next set of tires in the next 4 to 6 months. I guess these won't be an option for me this time.

KPM171

I talked to one of our friends and Falken and I'm told this is a Prototype still. This model will be used in the 2014 off road race seasons. If all goes well, it should be released to consumers by this time next year.

Thanks for the intel! :thumb:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug

Smart strategy! I like the looks of this tire and will wait to see how it shakes out. By now I think we all know it's a good idea to thoroughly test before going public, unlike some other things happening in the news lately.:yup:

geiman

Good eye on the spare not matching. That's a pretty big marketing oversight. I wonder who caught flak for that gaff?

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

Not to sure about the look of the tire. Nice rig, but they got the grill wrong.

The rig in the picture is actually the Savvy Offroad/Currie Enterprises race rig for the 2014 King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge and Unlimited Race:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/1420826-savvy-currie-koh-mod-jk.html

Falken has been a great sponsor for the team, and their A/Ts have proven to be a favorite tough tire for the group. They've been running the A/T for the past season or two now, which is why that's what the spare is. The MTs haven't been proven yet, though they are testing them now:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gene...-savvy-currie-koh-mod-jk-13.html#post22311394

And while they put some JK style body panels on the rig, it's far from being one hence why the grill and the rest looks like it does. You can read their build I linked above for more info.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The rig in the picture is actually the Savvy Offroad/Currie Enterprises race rig for the 2014 King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge and Unlimited Race:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/1420826-savvy-currie-koh-mod-jk.html

Falken has been a great sponsor for the team, and their A/Ts have proven to be a favorite tough tire for the group. They've been running the A/T for the past season or two now, which is why that's what the spare is. The MTs haven't been proven yet, though they are testing them now:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gene...-savvy-currie-koh-mod-jk-13.html#post22311394

And while they put some JK style body panels on the rig, it's far from being one hence why the grill and the rest looks like it does. You can read their build I linked above for more info.

Welcome to WAYALIFE! It's nice to see you're a big fan of SAVVY, Currie and Falken as they are all great companies. In case you missed it, this isn't Pirate4x4 and if you want to talk about the things you are passionate about, I'd be grateful if you could show a little courtesy and keep the conversations here. Thanks.

geiman

Welcome to WAYALIFE! It's nice to see you're a big fan of SAVVY, Currie and Falken as they are all great companies. In case you missed it, this isn't Pirate4x4 and if you want to talk about the things you are passionate about, I'd be grateful if you could show a little courtesy and keep the conversations here. Thanks.

I'm not moving the conversations anywhere. I merely linked a build thread to the rig in question in case anyone here was curious and wanted some more info on it. This conversation would have no place in that thread, so of course it should stay here. I never suggested otherwise.

For future reference, is it not acceptable to post links to other forums?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not moving the conversations anywhere. I merely linked a build thread to the rig in question in case anyone here was curious and wanted some more info on it. This conversation would have no place in that thread, so of course it should stay here. I never suggested otherwise.

Funny, I don't recall seeing anyone ask for more info on their build thread and yet, you chose to make your first post here with links to it just "in case". Look, not asking you agree with me here, just to show a little courtesy. All I'm asking is that if you want to talk about something, I'd be grateful if you could please talk about it here. That's all. There's no need to get your panties in a bunch.

geiman

Funny, I don't recall seeing anyone ask for more info on their build thread and yet, you chose to make your first post here with links to it just "in case". Look, not asking you agree with me here, just to show a little courtesy. All I'm asking is that if you want to talk about something, I'd be grateful if you could please talk about it here. That's all. There's no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Lol, OK. This was my first post because I found this particular thread during a Google search and I was not yet a member. I thought providing more information was being courteous, and again I wasn't trying to move any conversations anywhere. I'm not trying to cause any issues, so feel free to remove any or all of this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol, OK. This was my first post because I found this particular thread during a Google search and I was not yet a member. I thought providing more information was being courteous, and again I wasn't trying to move any conversations anywhere. I'm not trying to cause any issues, so feel free to remove any or all of this.

I understand that you weren't trying to cause any issues and believe that you weren't trying to do anything wrong. So that it's clear, I'm not asking what you think is courteous or not, just to be courteous to ME. This forum exists because I pay for it out of my pocket and I would prefer that conversations would remain here. So that there is no misunderstanding, I would be grateful if you would please refrain from posting links to other forums. I ask this politely and respectfully.

geiman

Specifically, I would be grateful if you would please refrain from posting links to other forums.

Thank you. When I asked:

I was genuinely asking, no sarcasm intended. I know that is the policy some on some forums, so I wanted to know if that was the case here and it looks like it is. Feel free to remove the links I posted.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you. When I asked:

I was genuinely asking, no sarcasm intended. I know that is the policy some on some forums, so I wanted to know if that was the case here and it looks like it is. Feel free to remove the links I posted.

Fair enough, I appreciate your understanding.

Some more pics....

We had a Falken MT equipped rig in our booth for SEMA. This is the new Spec class for the ULTRA4 series.

Talking with them, a few teams will be on their KOH non-DOT tire "sticky" MT that is supposed to be a 38-39" tire.

DSC04711_zpsa46c19e9.jpg

DSC04704_zps785e789d.jpg

DSC05071_zps9a6efc9c.jpg

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
First off, that rig is sick. Secondly, thanks for sharing more photos with us! The more I see these the more I like them. Maybe my next tires when I go to 35's/37's :thumb:

Top Bottom