2013 Jeep JKU stock 3.6 overheating

mackey

My 2013 JKU just started overheating this weekend. Temp gauge went all the way to the right and the light kicked on after going 65+ MPH and over 3.5k RPMs. No smoke or extreme heat coming from the engine after popping the hood. I have oil and coolant. I replaced the thermostat sensor and it is still showing it’s over heating.
My radiator is about 2 months old. Previous one cracked and leaked. Replaced with a stock radiator.
What’s next for trouble shooting it?

Attachments

• 1B4A29DE-258D-44BC-98DD-60E85DC91571.jpeg
    1B4A29DE-258D-44BC-98DD-60E85DC91571.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 6
My 2013 JKU just started overheating this weekend. Temp gauge went all the way to the right and the light kicked on after going 65+ MPH and over 3.5k RPMs. No smoke or extreme heat coming from the engine after popping the hood. I have oil and coolant. I replaced the thermostat sensor and it is still showing it’s over heating.
My radiator is about 2 months old. Previous one cracked and leaked. Replaced with a stock radiator.
What’s next for trouble shooting it?
Maybe belt tension, thermostat, water pump or perhaps the wrong coolant type (gelling).

jeeeep

Hooked
make sure you have no air trapped in the system.

raise the front end, with the radiator cap off, heater on, start the engine and look for air bubbles.

If you see air bubbles, let it idle for a few minutes with the front end elevated, shut it down, let it burp then do it a couple more times until no air bubbles.

I'd let it sit overnight with the cap loose and elevated to allow the air to rise up and out

Top Bottom