2013 Central California Trail Conditions, Reports, & Updates

jmm176

Are any of these trails good for a newbie with a stock jk and a recovery kit?

You can go to 4 wheel drive club of Fresno or CLOVIS indepandant 4x4 site and they have ratings and details about a lot of those trails. The I've seen stock full size trucks on bald mtn. trail.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

BONDSY

Are any of these trails good for a newbie with a stock jk and a recovery kit?

Yep, Bald Mountain, Strawberry Lake, West Lake, and Brewer Lake are good trails for a stock JK.

Fire Restrictions are now in place for all elevations except in developed campgrounds. Best to just call Sierra N.F headquarters to inquire if you will be ok. Huge fines!

k9king78

Agree with Bondsy Bald Mountain is a good one. You can try some of the more difficult areas or just drive around. The view is awesome at the top ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372821870.911029.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372821895.497606.jpg

jmm176

Just wanted to let everyone know the conditions in the Shaver Lake area are VERY SMOKEY, due to the Aspen Fire, Bs'd with a guy from 4 wheel drive club of Fresno yesterday and he said they were gonna prep the Dusy this weekend, but cancelled due to the fire.

here is link to info and campground closures:
http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3552/

jmm176

I took this pic from my road (About 10 miles away) last week about 8 hours after the fire started

fire22_edited.jpg

MC2003TJ

Awesome! Going to run the Dusy Labor Day weekend. This will be the third time for me and it never disappoints. Looking for anybody that wants to join us. I just ran the Rubicon solo a couple of weeks ago with great success but is nice to have friends with you for safety. The Rubicon has a lot more traffic than the Dusy does. Thanks for the update.

jmm176

I so want to go on that trail. I won't be able to until next year.
My daughters wedding is priority this year.

Talk her in to getting married at Huntington Lake......then your super close!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom