2012 jkur oem radiator replacement

joeysantos209

which radiator do you guys recommend to replace the oem radiator in my 2012 JKUR? the OEM finally started to leak at the plastic/allum matting area. I would rather not replace it with another core that has plastic end caps/tanks. My plan was to go with a Mishimoto all allum one, just wanted to ask you well experienced group your recommendations first.
Thanks..

joeysantos209

Mishimoto is garbage. They must be good at advertising because everyone wants to use it until they find out how crappy they are. How many miles on your jeep? Everyone also knocks the factory radiator and yet it lasts a long time. I would replace with factory every time.
106k miles..... i see your point
thanks

Elroy231

I personally have seen 3 or 4 mishimoto radiators fail in the last year. 1 was mine
It just started leaking sitting on jack stands. It was 6 months old. 1 was garbage out of the box leaked as soon as it wss installed. The others lasted less than a year.
I'm back to oem.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
My vote is from Performance Radiators. They are quick on shipping and pretty much an OEM replacement.
Otherwise go with a factory mopar replacement

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
Mishimoto is garbage. They must be good at advertising because everyone wants to use it until they find out how crappy they are. How many miles on your jeep? Everyone also knocks the factory radiator and yet it lasts a long time. I would replace with factory every time.
It’s because mishimoto is the first thing that comes up when you search wrangler radiator on Amazon. Amazon isn’t a trillion dollar company cuz only I use it. I was thinking about them until I joined this site. That’s where the vault of experience opens up and makes me happy to get info here.

Top Bottom