2012 JKU Crawler/DD Build

Brian_7.3

I picked up a basically stock 2012 JKU on 11/28/15 for an extremely good price. It is a highly optioned 6 Speed Sport model and was basically a soccer mom transporter so it was spotless. This is how it looked when I picked it up and towed it 4 hrs back home. (The tahoe towed it great actually)
Photo Nov 27, 7 57 36 PM.jpg
Photo Nov 28, 4 25 53 PM.jpg

I ordered a rough country 2.5 lift for it on my way home so it would look halfway decent with the 33x12.50s on it. (I am not planning on running this lift once these tires wear out.
I got the lift installed on the Wednesday after I picked it up. My next purchase will be some extended brake lines because the rough country brake line brackets for the front didnt work (and longer braided lines is the correct way to do it).
Photo Dec 02, 7 45 57 PM.jpg

That looks better.

I managed to find a really good deal on some Rubi Rock rails that would get me by till I put my ideal set up on it.
Photo Dec 03, 9 30 58 PM.jpg

I also removed the stickers and dietailed the inside and added some Drake Hood latches as the flutter I had on the interstate was just annoying to me. I have some american flag stickers on the way to go where the Wrangler ones were.
Photo Dec 06, 1 12 34 PM.jpg

I also picked up a set of JW speaker LED headlights on Cyber monday for a good deal. Those things are 100x better than the stocks and in my opinion worth the money.

My ultimate plan for this jeep is to put a set of built 44s or 60s under it. I have yet to decide if I wanna go with 37s or 40s but after seeing how capable a jku on 40s is I am leaning that way. I also am planning on putting EVOs long arm coilover set up on it. I am going to color match the Hardtop and get some color matched fender flares since I still want it to look good as it will be my weekend driver when im not wheeling it.

I am in the process of designing a front stubby bumper/air tank combo so I will be able to run air tools on the trail if something should break. I have access to a full fab shop (laser, cnc, etc) that I can make my parts on so im hoping it will turn out as good as im picturing it in my head. I am debating on trying to fab my own sport cage for the front or buy a pre-made one.

Im hoping to at least have the axles built and possibly the lift/coil overs by this time next year. Having no kids and being single sure does make it alot easier to save money for this though haha.

I will keep this updated as I add more parts and modifications to this JKU

Attachments

• File Dec 06, 5 42 29 PM.jpg
    File Dec 06, 5 42 29 PM.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 167
First off, welcome to Wayalife Brian! It sounds like you've got some good plans in store for your Jeep. I look forward to seeing it progress.

Plus I love to see other NC'ers on here :thumb:

Welcome to WAL. Looks like a fun build. Stay single so we can watch your Jeep's progress !

Welcome to WAL and congrats on finding a used JK at a decent price you lucky dog!
Just looked at a '14 2dr sport up here and they want $28k. Price on a new '16 Sahara
at the same dealership is $32k!

Yea this 2012 was the same price as every 2007 I've seen so I had to pick it up. I wasn't even seriously looking for them but I knew I could always sell it and make money

I am from NC myself Hickory area to be a little more exact, welcome to WAL and congrats on your purchase. Looking forward to seeing how your build goes.

I managed to take the doors off today for the first time. Who would have thought it would be 75 in December. (And yes that is a vtec sticker on a toyota haha)

File Dec 12, 4 32 05 PM.jpg

Top Bottom