2012 Bad Harmonic Balancer?

aermotor

Quick history. 84K miles. Had the upper left idler pulley seize up while on the freeway, this blew up the belt and other 2 idler pulleys. I replaced the 2 main idler pulleys as well as the pulley on the belt tensioner.

Took it for a test drive and noticed an odd sound so checked and the belt had jumped off one groove on the power steering pump pulley, but was still running. Upon inspection there seems to be a lot of movement on the harmonic balancer front to back, not up and down. Wondering if this could be causing it to jump off and needs to be replaced.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Quick history. 84K miles. Had the upper left idler pulley seize up while on the freeway, this blew up the belt and other 2 idler pulleys. I replaced the 2 main idler pulleys as well as the pulley on the belt tensioner.

Took it for a test drive and noticed an odd sound so checked and the belt had jumped off one groove on the power steering pump pulley, but was still running. Upon inspection there seems to be a lot of movement on the harmonic balancer front to back, not up and down. Wondering if this could be causing it to jump off and needs to be replaced.

Yup the balancer is bad. The rubber isolation within the balancer is bad. It shouldn’t be wobbling the much.

aermotor

Both pullers from O'reilly don't work and I can't find a single thread or video on anyone else doing this. Super weird.

Top Bottom