2011 JKUR computer shows wrong units after battery disconnect

wheelie

Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since I last visited the forum and to be honest, with my work load over the past few months (even years) my JK is not being used often. Here in South Africa with the recent rain and floods we had and causing a lot of road damage, it is still the only vehicle I really trust when I need to travel on open roads though and it is a breeze to drive over and through these big holes without any worries :devilish:. But when I need to travel long distances and on hiways, we still use the Toyota Hilux or the Volvo XC40 because of the current fuel price. The Jeep is just too expensive for these trips :cry:.

I have a question and hoping someone can give me some advice please.

A few years back I had the ratios done and installed 5.13 ratios front and back. After this, I had my rear locker indication that stayed on after the first time I tried to engage and disengage. Someone advised me to disconnect the battery for 20 minutes and re-connect and see if the light goes off, but that did not help. I had to eventually take it back to the shop where they installed the ratios for me and these guys fixed the locker. Since I had the battery disconnected for the recommended time, my computer is not showing my fuel consumption and range in km/l and kms anymore but in mpg and miles. Although I believe the odometer is still in kms. Is there a setting somewhere in the computer where I can manually change this?

I have been using it like this now for almost 8 years but would like to get it back to km/l and kms.

Thanks All!

I have actually accidentally caused my JK to read in the opposite units a few times haha, it's simple fix.

Cycle through your EVIC (the little screens under your speedo and tachometer) until you see your range. If you're Jeep is a Sport trim, use "STEP" to cycle through the options and once on it, hold "RESET" until it changes the units. If it's a Sahara or Rubicon, it should be in the options that you can cycle through using the "MENU" and info buttons with their corresponding arrows on the left side of the steering wheel. If you can't find it I'm sure you could find the answer by looking it up 👍

Zeus

Also from South Africa I feel your pain on the fuel prices, but with our road conditions I love my 35's on the Jeep so gladly paying the fuel bill.

To get it back to km's just click the reset button on the steering wheel while you on the fuel consumption screen and it wil flip between mpg and l/km

Cheers

Top Bottom