2008 Jeep JK 3.8 Lifter question

timmymikos

I have searched for an answer to the Hydraulic Lifters on the 3.8 V6, and cant get a definite answer.
Can anyone confirm why you cant replace Hydraulic lifters on the 3.8 without pulling the heads???
Everything I read says you have to pull the heads, and I cant understand why you cant pull them out with the intake and valley pan pulled off??
Will appreciate any responses especially if someone has done this or has a good idea why the heads need pulled to get them out
Thanks
Tim

I have searched for an answer to the Hydraulic Lifters on the 3.8 V6, and cant get a definite answer.
Can anyone confirm why you cant replace Hydraulic lifters on the 3.8 without pulling the heads???
Everything I read says you have to pull the heads, and I cant understand why you cant pull them out with the intake and valley pan pulled off??
Will appreciate any responses especially if someone has done this or has a good idea why the heads need pulled to get them out
Thanks
Tim

Iirc, the head casting on the intake side still hangs over the lifters far enough that they can't be removed. The lifters hit the bottom of the head if you try to remove them.

Top Bottom