2005 LJ Diagnosing

Hi all,

I just bought a 2005 LJ for a pretty good price. It has 145k miles and very limited rust for being a midwest Jeep. With a good price, comes some repairs that I'd like to do over this winter. 1st up is the HVAC, the "power" switches only work between 1 and 2, 1, 2, 3, and 4 do not blow air. I put in a new blower motor resistor and did not have any luck so I have a new blower motor and HVAC knob cluster on their way. Anyone know of any other tips to diagnose this issue?

I also have a few engine codes that I would like to get remedied, they are 0031, 0037, 0051, and 0057. I have read that they coincide with O2 sensors or the below:

31 An open or shorted condition detected in the A/C clutch relay circuit. Insufficient or excessive vapor flow detected during evaporative emission system operation.

37 Relationship between engine speed and vehicle speed indicates no torque converter clutch engagement. An open or shorted condition detected in the torque converter part throttle unlock solenoid control circuit. Incorrect input state detected for the Park/Neutral switch. Auto only.

51 A lean air/fuel mixture has been indicated by an abnormally rich correction factor.

Any advice or help is appreciated! I have owned a 1988 Grand Wagoneer, 2000 Grand Cherokee, 2013 JKUR, but have sold them all, now my wife drives a 2021 GCL and this 2005 LJ will be our Sunday driver! I will start a build thread eventually once I have taken some pictures and figured out the route I want to go with it.

Top Bottom