2001 TJ help!!!

Pokie

hiya everyone,

i drive a 2001 TJ that ive run into some kinda starter problem... im not sure what the full problem is but this is the best way i can describe it,

i drove my jeep to work this morning (started normally) got to work and left to go home, but when i tried to start it, the jeep attempted to turn over but failed (like a dead battery) i asked a co worker to give me a boost, but it didnt help, i could hear clicking which seemed like it was coming from the starter but it wouldnt start. we ended up push starting it - i got home and cleaned the batter terminals, starter, and a couple grounds but still nothing - i get volts showing on the dash, my lights and all my accs work (lights, fans, radio, etc) i checked relays, fuses, and current with my multimeter but i cant deem whats going on, i checked one again to hope it would start and now there does not seem to be clicking at the starter but now in the steering column......!!!!?!?!?!?

safe to say im beyond frustrated and would love to get my toy back on the road...

any questions please ask ill answer the best i can

please help me!:D

SilverBack

hiya everyone,

i drive a 2001 TJ that ive run into some kinda starter problem... im not sure what the full problem is but this is the best way i can describe it,

i drove my jeep to work this morning (started normally) got to work and left to go home, but when i tried to start it, the jeep attempted to turn over but failed (like a dead battery) i asked a co worker to give me a boost, but it didnt help, i could hear clicking which seemed like it was coming from the starter but it wouldnt start. we ended up push starting it - i got home and cleaned the batter terminals, starter, and a couple grounds but still nothing - i get volts showing on the dash, my lights and all my accs work (lights, fans, radio, etc) i checked relays, fuses, and current with my multimeter but i cant deem whats going on, i checked one again to hope it would start and now there does not seem to be clicking at the starter but now in the steering column......!!!!?!?!?!?

safe to say im beyond frustrated and would love to get my toy back on the road...

any questions please ask ill answer the best i can

please help me!:D

Sounds like your starter solenoid has failed more likely than the starter itself. Take it out and get it checked.

Pokie

update! chaanged starter and its not the problem! seems like something to do with the key or wiring under there

Trigg

Hopefully you have it fixed by now. My 02 gave me similar issues for a year, turned out to be the Crank sensor. But I would tap on it gently with a few extensions and it would fire right up. Also I have had batteries read good with volt meter but have little to know cranking amps. Im not a battery expert so I don't know how that works. Good luck to ya.

Top Bottom