2 Questions

astros3111

Just out the 40s on and went wheeling this weekend. I was in the front fenders and liners pretty bad. Fender chop get from rugged ridge is on the way.
Took the liners out and that helped. However until I can find some better liners, is it safe to drive/be on the trail/rain/mud with the liners off?
Secondly how much bump stop for the front?

Attachments

• IMG_2157.jpeg
    IMG_2157.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3940.jpeg
    IMG_3940.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 13

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll never understand why people feel the need to run liners. I haven't run them on Moby for over 15 years. I pretty much take them out and leave them out on any Jeep that I build up. Granted, I'm just a mall crawler.

You should always install as much bump stop extension as you have lift. As in, 3" lift = 3" bump stop extensions. They are first and foremost designed to help prevent over compressing your coils and the bottoming out your shocks.

kevman65

Hooked
Usually, the manufacturer of the lift kit will specify how much bump stop for the specific lift.

With that said, a lot of them are calling for 4" of bump stop for 3" of lift any more.

No, you don't NEED fender liners, but they look KEWL, plus they help keep the engine cleaner. (Like that's possible 🤪 )

astros3111

I'll never understand why people feel the need to run liners. I haven't run them on Moby for over 15 years. I pretty much take them out and leave them out on any Jeep that I build up. Granted, I'm just a mall crawler.

You should always install as much bump stop extension as you have lift. As in, 3" lift = 3" bump stop extensions. They are first and foremost designed to help prevent over compressing your coils and the bottoming out your shocks.
Great advice, thanks. I’m going to order the synergy adjustable bump stops.

astros3111

Usually, the manufacturer of the lift kit will specify how much bump stop for the specific lift.

With that said, a lot of them are calling for 4" of bump stop for 3" of lift any more.

No, you don't NEED fender liners, but they look KEWL, plus they help keep the engine cleaner. (Like that's possible 🤪 )
Thanks fir the reply. Ha yes the look cool lol but I my motor still looks dirty. Not sure if they’re helping. I looked and I’m at 2-3in if bump so looks like I’ll go 4.

astros3111

Eddie - are the stock plastic rubicon fenders ok to drive when gutted? I get they’ll flap but don’t want them to fly off.

kevman65

Hooked
Eddie - are the stock plastic rubicon fenders ok to drive when gutted? I get they’ll flap but don’t want them to fly off.
The Rubi fenders are VERY well secured.

There are several bolts and all those damned plastic snap fasteners.

In the fender chop you'll probably lose the bolt right by the DRL's., I think when you cut you lose the bolt channel through the fender itself and the metal bracket stays put.

Top Bottom