2 door VS 4 door

2 Door VS 4 Door

• 4 Door JK

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • 2 Door JK

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

JKBANDIT55

I went from a 2 door to a 4 door and honestly, I will never go back. 4 door ride much better, just as capable off road and in some situations does better, but they both have their advantages. I go fishing and camping a lot so the extra space is much needed. My GF and nephews love to come wheeling with me so 4 doors make it that much better. Also, It helps adults not having to squeeze and jump in behind a seat to get in the back.

ZERO LIMITZ

I'm on my 7th Jeep, this is my first 4door and I have nothing but Great reviews for it. The stability and drive of the 4door are way above the 2doors of my past. No looking back for me.... I'm a 4 door fan!!!!!

jkmadness

4 doors are nice. Extra cargo space. I have a 2 door and love it. Just my wife, dog and me. I did watched a video on Teraflex and they were comparing 2 door and 4 door mentioning you would not need as high of lift with the 2 door due to wheelbase and break over angle. These JK's are wider than previous models aren't they? Meaning more stable. You can roll anything although it is not everybody's intention. The 4 drs are a little more so it would also depend if you want to pay a little more as well. My brother just purchased a 4 dr and loves it...jerk! I'm sure if I drove one I woud too. I do have champagne dreams on a NICE beer budget. 4 drs are heavier and can tow more, they both have the same engines. you have more doors to wax...wait a minute I don't wax count that one out. More space to vacuum. Scratch that one too. They look awesome with big tires on them...WAL, EVOJEEP. Then again so does the 2 drs! Im sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong and please do.:)

+1 to the 2 door :thumb:

Holeshot

Banned
I had a TJ in the past, now I got a 2DR 2012 jk, and I love it, but I would like more room in the back. I bought mine with the 6 speed because it was cheaper, but regret it now. My first plan was a 2dr auto. but now wishing a 4dr auto. I'd like to get a 2013 jkur sometime next year.

I like the 2 DR because it is short and can turn around in very small spaces. I drove both 2dr and 4dr, and honestly I've seen very minor differences in term of road maner/stability.

Dave_g

I love my 2 door. Just me the lady and my dog. Pup gets half the back, shares it with the cooler and the rest of the gear. Soon we will have our roof rack and she can spread out in the back a bit more. The girlfriend said I got the 2 door because I wanted to remain a bachelor. But I love being able to say "sorry, I can't take you, no back seat in the jeep"

Bullwinckle

Hooked
jeep 4 door or 2 door???

I say the 4 door because like others say its more room, more stable to wheel, and good to sleep in plus more... :yup:

Ray ⛺

sundaydriver

One more for the 4dr. As a family man, you can't beat it. We've rented 2drs for years down in Moab, and had a blast. Last year we felt the family had grown out of the 2dr. We were going to rent a 4dr. Instead we bought one, a 2012 4dr Rubi. For us size made the decision.:twocents: What ever way you go you'll have a blast. Good luck.:thumb:

JKNuts

JK 4 door or 2 door-on the rocks

I have the same question. 2 door or 4 door. Currently I have an 09 JKUR and a 2011 JKUR that belongs to my son. He is unfortunately dying of cancer and I have to sell his vehicle. Thinking of selling mine too and starting over. I hate the power of the 09 and want to buy a 2013 or add a RIPP supercharger to mine. I live in Utah and play in Moab and the San Rafael swell as often as I can. I have about 15K into my 09 but want to start with a new build and do it "right" this time. I am considering the smaller 2 door. It is only me driving it. I rarely take anyone with me (my buddies have their own). My question is -- how does the 2 door do on places like climbing the big wall on Gold Bar or dropping down the fall on Steel bender? Any suggestions would help.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
jeep 4 door or 2 door???

I vote 4 door. I love the 4 door JK. When I get another Jeep, it will be a 2 door TJ.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Pushrod

jeep 4 door or 2 door???

I drove both and think the extra length of the 4 dr makes for a better ride, not so choppy in the rough stuff. I have never regretted buying the JKU.

BlackRockBurner

jeep 4 door or 2 door???

Camping? 4 door. If your tent decides to collapse in 80 mph winds, you have the option to sleep in the back. Trust me.

4 Door - I am basically a "big" beautiful "soccer mom" except for the fact that I am not beautiful, my kids dont play soccer and I have man's parts.... I need the space to haul my childrens about the town during the week. I have so far refused to allow them in the jeep on while it is on the dirt though.

Serg5000

This 4 door is our first jeep ever. I'm told its the way to go. Not ever owning a 2 door. I will just agree. I will say that having all that extra space in the back after folding down the rear seat is very cool. We never worry about over packing. We seem to carry more than we need. I see the 2 door guys packing it up. With a 4 door we can distribute the load and keep it low.

arashi

Personally I went for 4 doors, and just for the usefulness of it!

But then again, I've got 2 little devils who likes to follow me every where I go: trail, road... for this reason 4 doors was the best option.

Also, I'm the kind of guy who likes stability, and I've got the impression that the 4 doors (because of the wheel base) is more stable Off road.

Top Bottom