2 Door JL 2.0 Info

kevman65

Hooked
So, my wife is showing interest in getting a JL. It's not going to be anything but a pavement Princess.
Looking at the 2.0 automatic in 2 door. I know most of you manly men have the 3.6.

Anybody have info on the 2.0? Major problems? Things to watch for?
Her driving is 99.5% city streets, avoids the interstate as much as possible, will drive on state and national highways.

The only mods it will see are some type of side steps and maybe a SunRider.

Thanks guys.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Probably as reliable as the diesel.

Jokes aside, they rip. I would do it over the 3.6 for sure.
This ^^^ In a 2-door, it'll be fun. We would have done it if it were available with a manual. And, in hindsight, I kind of wish we had gotten an auto. The manual on a JL sucks.

kevman65

Hooked
If she gets far enough into it to where we might order, I think I'm going to push for the 1/2 doors with premium uppers too.
Expensive for what it is, but man I dig the look AND they'd fit on the JT :cool:

WJCO

Meme King
So, my wife is showing interest in getting a JL. It's not going to be anything but a pavement Princess.
Looking at the 2.0 automatic in 2 door. I know most of you manly men have the 3.6.

Her driving is 99.5% city streets, avoids the interstate as much as possible, will drive on state and national highways.

Thanks guys.
We've had ours for a little over two years. It's a sport and has had 35s pretty much since day one. It's badass. Love the power. It's my wife's so I don't drive it a ton but love it when I do. She always yells at me for wasting the gas. Even on 35s it gets about 18mpg compared to my JT on 35s with a 3.6 and 4.11s (gets about 13). The 2.0 has about 16k on it with no lift. No issues so far.

kevman65

Hooked
We've had ours for a little over two years. It's a sport and has had 35s pretty much since day one. It's badass. Love the power. It's my wife's so I don't drive it a ton but love it when I do. She always yells at me for wasting the gas. Even on 35s it gets about 18mpg compared to my JT on 35s with a 3.6 and 4.11s (gets about 13). The 2.0 has about 16k on it with no lift. No issues so far.
Thank you Sir. The kind of opinion I need. From a husband who's wife is happy. We all know that can be difficult to do.

Thanks guys.
I have a 2019 JL Rubicon 2.0L turbo with E-Torque. Auto transmission. Acceleration is really good, including when passing on the highway. Transmission is really good. Fuel economy ranges between 16 and 25 depending on elevation and wind direction (directly into 45 MPH wind, bad). No real issues thus far. With the turbo, the engine seems to surge in power a bit, which might take some getting used to.

JA50N

This ^^^ In a 2-door, it'll be fun. We would have done it if it were available with a manual. And, in hindsight, I kind of wish we had gotten an auto. The manual on a JL sucks.
Curious as to why you think it sucks. I just got my Willys 2 door with a manual and I think it is pretty good. It shifts buttery smooth and the throws are not dump truck long. First gear seems pretty low which I like. Clutch modulation is easy enough and after a short learning time frame, I can work it pretty good. The only thing I think is kinda weird is the spacing between 3rd and 4th. The gap is greater than 1-2 and 2-3 then the gap is back to normal from 4-5 and 5-6. Have not had it off road yet but I know autos are easier to drive Offroad so I am expecting that.

The thing I was concerned with is the super tall 3.45 gears. On the street they seem to be a non-issue and return pretty decent gas mileage (23 mpg).

onlyone

You’ll love the turbo. I had my 2 door on 37s and it didn’t even notice them. No reason to ever get the 3.6. Good motor but the power difference is large. I just had to have a Gladiator. After having the room I went back with a 4 door. 068824D9-A7C4-4DBA-ABEB-27B7AB4ACD5F.jpeg 59A09A6B-53FC-4520-B872-3A35E69CD823.jpeg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You’ll love the turbo. I had my 2 door on 37s and it didn’t even notice them. No reason to ever get the 3.6. Good motor but the power difference is large. I just had to have a Gladiator. After having the room I went back with a 4 door. View attachment 383222 View attachment 383221
That is a terrible color but that really is a good looking Jeep. You build some good looking vehicles. I’m guessing another is just around the corner since you’ve had that green one for a few months.

onlyone

That is a terrible color but that really is a good looking Jeep. You build some good looking vehicles. I’m guessing another is just around the corner since you’ve had that green one for a few months.
Lol 😝 Thanks. This one is paid for and with my wife’s illness, I have made a whole lot less money. Also, after having this diesel, I really can’t imagine downgrading on engines so this one stays.

Top Bottom