2.5 or 3 inch teraflex lift?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If I get that 2.5 inch budget boost than I will want to get a xrc front stinger bumper because I saved so much money.
Will that weight drop my lift lower? And if it does how could I adjust to the drop?

The bumper itself won't cause that much of a sag. If you add a winch too, your total sag will be about 1/2". At that point and time, you can stack a 1/2" spacer on top of what you already have.

Honestly, with all your concerns and how you will be using your Jeep, I too would seriously just get a coil spacer lift. Really, it's all you need and it'll get the job done for cheap.

When your going to drop a grand it takes proper planning. Lol I guess planning is in the form of numerous lift questions and responses for pages.

A coil spacer lift with shock extensions will cost about half that. If you don't like it, you can always sell it. It's cheap, easy to install and I can almost guarantee that you will like it.

Aedawsey

The bumper itself won't cause that much of a sag. If you add a winch too, your total sag will be about 1/2". At that point and time, you can stack a 1/2" spacer on top of what you already have.

Honestly, with all your concerns and how you will be using your Jeep, I too would seriously just get a coil spacer lift. Really, it's all you need and it'll get the job done for cheap.

A coil spacer lift with shock extensions will cost about half that. If you don't like it, you can always sell it. It's cheap, easy to install and I can almost guarantee that you will like it.

Okay I will do it. Last question, will I need wheel spacers if I plan on using my 265 duratracs on the 17 inch stock rims I have now? And should I get bilstiens for a smoother ride or stick with stock ones?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay I will do it. Last question, will I need wheel spacers if I plan on using my 265 duratracs on the 17 inch stock rims I have now?

You might be okay without wheel spacers but if it were me, I would run a set just to help offer more room between your tires and frame and rear sway bar links. Without them and depending on what tires you run, you may see some rubbing at a full turn.

And should I get bilstiens for a smoother ride or stick with stock ones?

If you feel like your factory shocks are on the soft side and doesn't dampen enough, Bilsteins will "firm" up your ride.

JKWrang

You might be okay without wheel spacers but if it were me, I would run a set just to help offer more room between your tires and frame and rear sway bar links. Without them and depending on what tires you run, you may see some rubbing at a full turn.

If you feel like your factory shocks are on the soft side and doesn't dampen enough, Bilsteins will "firm" up your ride.

You should be fine if you retain stock coils and just get the spacer kit. The TF coil lift does require a set of spacers. If it rubs a little on the rear, a set of spidertrax are a good investment but I wouldnt worry

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKWrang

I just remembered I shoykd mention the front sway bar links for the Teraflex 2.5 inch coil lift are junk

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I just remembered I shoykd mention the front sway bar links for the Teraflex 2.5 inch coil lift are junk

Great, he was just about to order a kit. Now we're in for another few pages..

noroad

HAHAHA :cheesy:

In all reality ride is subjective and only you can tell what you will be happy with! Ride in some members jeeps and research reviews, get it down to to lifts then flip a coin if they are in a tie lol. I spent a year looking at kits before i got mine but in the end you just need to pick what you want, its your jeep!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

yours came with new front swaybar links? damn i only got the rears lol good thing you have those jks links now :yup:;)

JKWrang

yours came with new front swaybar links? damn i only got the rears lol good thing you have those jks links now :yup:;)

Ya thank god!! The TF links ripped on a month. Youre the best!

Aedawsey

A loled at this. I still haven't decided, I just don't like the idea of pucks under my coils for 200+ dollars, if I'm going to spend money I'm going to spend it right the first time.

Are there any jeepers around the Brandon Florida area I can test out their lifts?

Top Bottom