1st Trail Tomorrow!

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Don't go through any puddles you don't know the actual depth of. Looks can be very decieving. Same with mud, if you don't have someone with to tug you ought make sure to avoid the ugly stuff

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Hope you and your family have a great time!!! Enjoy and have fun and play it safe. I would think of more stuff to say but everyone on here has already offered excellent advice.. All of this advice above and you can't go wrong 👍 take lots of pics

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Awesome for you. the first time out ,probably feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. Like everyone else has mentioned have a great time with the family and take lots of pictures.

WranglerWilly83

Bad news Guys [emoji19][emoji57][emoji17] so by the time we were almost half way there it was getting colder and I left the tops of the Jeep at the house (not enough room in the back) so I figured it would be too cold to drive back once the sun went away with my daughter in the back and no roof. So turned around [emoji30]☹️. Had to make the right decision as a father. So i officially am still a virgin trailer. All of the advice given however was not in vain and I appreciate it and will apply it to my first Trail next weekend. Now I know to leave earlier. Also have to figure out some storage for the tops but that is a different conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WranglerWilly83

Bummer.. why not just leave the top on? It's winter

Once again, rookie move. I was so excited to take the top off for the first time that I just did it and didn’t think. Mind you, I Live in Florida so my Winter is just really fall on steroids. It was only 59 with the sun out so it felt good. I didn’t think nothing of it until we were halfway there and it was 4 pm. It was my mistake, I should’ve left earlier and also left the top on. I accept full responsibility for what happened today and am totally upset. I had my baby all ready! I’ll share the pic here of how it looked... [emoji19] IMG_5130.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
I usually always have my top on when running trails. It keeps all the dust and mud out if the interior. You made the right call turning back. With the family, it’s always better to start off with a great experience, not a frozen one!

Another little piece of advice, if you can, run with another jeep. That way if something happens you have another jeep there to assist.

WranglerWilly83

I usually always have my top on when running trails. It keeps all the dust and mud out if the interior. You made the right call turning back. With the family, it’s always better to start off with a great experience, not a frozen one!

Another little piece of advice, if you can, run with another jeep. That way if something happens you have another jeep there to assist.

Welp now I know... ughhhh frustrating but it’s ok, next weekend awaits me.... thanks!!

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Bad news Guys [emoji19][emoji57][emoji17] so by the time we were almost half way there it was getting colder and I left the tops of the Jeep at the house (not enough room in the back) so I figured it would be too cold to drive back once the sun went away with my daughter in the back and no roof. So turned around [emoji30]☹️. Had to make the right decision as a father. So i officially am still a virgin trailer. All of the advice given however was not in vain and I appreciate it and will apply it to my first Trail next weekend. Now I know to leave earlier. Also have to figure out some storage for the tops but that is a different conversation.

That's a bummer, but you made that right call imo. Safety is a priority in my book. Family first. The trails will always be there.

WranglerWilly83

That's a bummer, but you made that right call imo. Safety is a priority in my book. Family first. The trails will always be there.

Your right, family always first! Next time roof staying on though lol I tried to pull a veteran move as a rookie. I have to just learn and this is part of my trials. All the videos and research I’ve done cant prepare me for the real thing except actually doing the real thing so this was just a learning experience. Thanks also!

JKbrick

Once again, rookie move. I was so excited to take the top off for the first time that I just did it and didn’t think. Mind you, I Live in Florida so my Winter is just really fall on steroids. It was only 59 with the sun out so it felt good. I didn’t think nothing of it until we were halfway there and it was 4 pm. It was my mistake, I should’ve left earlier and also left the top on. I accept full responsibility for what happened today and am totally upset. I had my baby all ready! I’ll share the pic here of how it looked... [emoji19] View attachment 288757

That’s a great looking Jeep! Enjoy it and make a lot of family memories. Don’t be ashamed that you turned around or when your out don’t do anything that your not comfortable with. When we were at Bundy Hill I was the only one that didn’t go up one of the hills but nobody said anything about it. Not that I heard anyways

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

FallonJeeper

Amen, safety in numbers. And... if the other driver knows the trail, even better!

WranglerWilly83

I can’t say enough how cool this community is. These are the best people in the world. I can’t believe everyone on WAYALIFE is so nice and supportive. Thank you to whoever made this site and runs this site.

Top Bottom