1990 YJ build

wjtstudios

Hooked
Well the reason it wouldn't run for more than 5 seconds is that the flywheel that came with it was the wrong one for the engine, the timing notches were wrong, It runs but very poorly, I have it back in the electrical repair shop and they hopefully will find the gremlin in the wiring harness. Seems I was fighting a battle with the wiring due to the fact that the shop ran the block numbers on their computer and it is a 96 block. Finally got the right wiring diagrams to match the wiring harness. The ECU may be one for a auto trans, but the shop will figure it out and if I have enough money left to buy gas, I am going to wheel the crap out of it. So video of the breakin and the first wheeling trip will be coming soon, I hope.
Glad you got it sorted

Graywolf

Hi guy's, The engine run's bad ass now finally, because of the stroke and bore it wasn't a wiring issue, it was fuel delivery wasn't high enough. Had to go to 20 lb injectors and a corvette fuel pump and a fuel regulator that I can adjust to make it run. It runs great at 48 lb of pressure. I am finishing up the build cleaning up the wiring harness and the chassis wiring. The wiring in the jeep was so bad I ordered a painless wiring harness to re do the lights and interior stuff. gauges and I am going to simplifie the start and run with a switch and push button and all new gauges. I also have a 2005 super duty front axle and a 2005 GM 14 bolt that I am going to build this summer when I get time. I will four link the rear and 3 link the front. Will stretch the wheelbase to 110" and all the cutting, trimming and fuel cell that comes with that.

Spazbyt

Hooked
Hi guy's, The engine run's bad ass now finally, because of the stroke and bore it wasn't a wiring issue, it was fuel delivery wasn't high enough. Had to go to 20 lb injectors and a corvette fuel pump and a fuel regulator that I can adjust to make it run. It runs great at 48 lb of pressure. I am finishing up the build cleaning up the wiring harness and the chassis wiring. The wiring in the jeep was so bad I ordered a painless wiring harness to re do the lights and interior stuff. gauges and I am going to simplifie the start and run with a switch and push button and all new gauges. I also have a 2005 super duty front axle and a 2005 GM 14 bolt that I am going to build this summer when I get time. I will four link the rear and 3 link the front. Will stretch the wheelbase to 110" and all the cutting, trimming and fuel cell that comes with that.
Glad you got the engine purring. Sounds like you got an awesome build going. Keep us posted with some pics.

Graywolf

Well It's been a year and a half and I will be taking the YJ to the Rubicon next month. It runs great, seems it was more a fuel delivery than wiring problem. The only thing I have left to do is build the 3 link for the front 05 super duty 60 and the 4 link for the rear 05 14 bolt. I am going to run with the 78 F250 REAR 60 AND THE HIHG PINON 8 LUG 44 IN THE FRONT THIS SUMMER BECAUSE i NEED TO GO DO SOME WHEELIN. With the Idaho winters like they are I will be doing the 3 and 4 link this winter. And have it ready for a trip I want to do next summer. I want to go back east and do the trails in Tennesse. Virgina, and all the other places I have seen on you tube. So that's about it for now, will post up when it has the 60's and linked with 40's on it this coming winter. Along with some crazy snow wheelin videos.

Graywolf

The Jeep is done and running great will be going up to the Rubicon Next weekend for a week or so. My grandkids just told me how to transfer my phone pictures to my PC so I will be posting up the final pictures of the finished build in a few minutes. I allso di another build in between the jeep being in the shop. I will post that also. It is red neckness at its best.

Graywolf

Well, I finally got the YJ running, and it wasn't the wiring at all, I had the wrong flywheel on it. My dunb ass put the 4.2 flywheel on it instead of a 96 4.0 flywheel. Has a lot of low end Tork , runs smooth as silk. I did have to replace the 16lb injectors to 23lb and a 90lb fuel pump from a corvette with a manual regulator set to 43lb. I think I may have to get a ecm that has been flashed for the higher fuel presser. when first stared it runs a bit ruff but then smooths out and runs at 750 idle, The best news is I did the Father's Day run last June and I couldn't be happier with how it ran the trail. It took 2 years to get there but it was very well worth it.

Top Bottom