1948 Willys CJ-2A

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I discovered a fuel leak in Kaiser. This one is from the carburetor. What’s awesome (not) about this fuel leak is the carb sits above the exhaust manifold. 🔥 💀

I was going to simply rebuild the carb but I am a long time “One is none, two is one” guy so I ordered a refurbished carb along with a rebuild kit. I’ll install the new carb, rebuild the old and have it as a spare.

In addition I added a new fuel line from the pump to carburetor.

IMG_6524.jpeg

I think the choke linkage needs to be adjusted a bit.
IMG_6528.jpeg

IMG_6529.jpeg

So far no leaks and I’ll check everything for tightness once it cools down.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
The only thing more hungry for your money than a Jeep is an Old Jeep!

While looking around under the hood I discovered this
IMG_6527.jpeg

When my lovely wife asked how I was going to fix it, I explained the “One is none, two is one” theory. I’d order a new radiator and have the old one rebuilt, that way I’d have a spare……she just shook her head and walked away. 🤣😂

In addition to the radiator leak I discovered that my front axle seals were leaking and that my front driver wheel/tire had way more rolling resistance than it should. I guess it’s time for a front axle rebuild. 🤔 Locker? Disc brakes?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

View attachment 406504

When my lovely wife asked how I was going to fix it, I explained the “One is none, two is one” theory. I’d order a new radiator and have the old one rebuilt, that way I’d have a spare……she just shook her head and walked away. 🤣😂

In addition to the radiator leak I discovered that my front axle seals were leaking and that my front driver wheel/tire had way more rolling resistance than it should. I guess it’s time for a front axle rebuild. 🤔 Locker? Disc brakes?
While totally unnecessary or at least, in my book, disc brakes would be nice. Unless you're planning on wheeling this thing, no need for lockers.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

View attachment 406504

I don't know. Seems to me you have an easy way to check your fluid levels now. If its leaking its got some, if it stops its out.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
While totally unnecessary or at least, in my book, disc brakes would be nice. Unless you're planning on wheeling this thing, no need for lockers.

I go back and forth on whether I want to wheel it or keep it pristine. If I do wheel it, I would only do easy trails in places like Northern Nevada or Utah, and if I were to put something in the front axle it would be a limited-slip and not a true locker.

What I really need is an over-drive so I can finally break the 52 mph barrier!

Right now this is me at 51 mph
tumblr_mrk9ljPA1N1syxpcjo1_500.gif

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I go back and forth on whether I want to wheel it or keep it pristine. If I do wheel it, I would only do easy trails in places like Northern Nevada or Utah, and if I were to put something in the front axle it would be a limited-slip and not a true locker.

What I really need is an over-drive so I can finally break the 52 mph barrier!

Right now this is me at 51 mph
View attachment 406514
Piginajeep and I have talked about doing an old iron run out here. Might have to make it happen once you get out here 👍🏻

Top Bottom