14 jku 488 gear replacement

bkac

Caught the Bug
One more check - Did the shop tell you about the gear break in period/steps?

On this topic I have a crazy thought, why went you buy a new car you don't really have a gear break in period? I mean you change the fluid at what 15-25k miles? Always just wondered that when I hear about "gear break in period"...

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
On this topic I have a crazy thought, why went you buy a new car you don't really have a gear break in period? I mean you change the fluid at what 15-25k miles? Always just wondered that when I hear about "gear break in period"...

The gears from factory are "lapped" at the vehicle factory, eliminating the need for a gear break in period.

bkac

Caught the Bug
For those that don't know. (Like myself). ...

Attachments

• 1443301608947.jpg
    1443301608947.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 179

Hot94Z28

So just asking here you would by 37's, plus re-gear, but you don't want to buy a procal? That was the first thing I bought when I started to do mods.

Indy14jk

I was not using factory gps. I have changed out head unit. And yes i shoulda bought a tuner long ago. Just never really needed it till now. I barely drive it as is. But i do want it to be correct now. So this is why i was asking to find a solution to my problems

BertaNation

Same thing happened to me when I regeared to 488.
U need a programmer it will fix it.
I would look into super chip
Procal works. But get a real programmer it will tune for better performance

jorgelrod

Hooked
I was not using factory gps. I have changed out head unit. And yes i shoulda bought a tuner long ago. Just never really needed it till now. I barely drive it as is. But i do want it to be correct now. So this is why i was asking to find a solution to my problems

No, you needed it since day one of changing anything from stock, Now is just the time when you realized you can't get away with burying your head in the sand about not having a new vehicle operate as it should...

Top Bottom