132-Year-Old Winchester Rifle Found Propped Against a Tree

wayoflife said:
According to the article, "though not in very good shape, the rifle is certainly salvageable." :cool:

It looked like it could be restored it was really still in could shape all things considered.

I don't think it should be restored. The story behind the "barn find" and it's condition when found makes it even more valuable. It's just intriguing as hell. What happened to the owner that he forgot one of the most valuable things a person could own in those days. It's like walking to town and when you get there you remember, "S#$T! Forgot my horse tied to the tree."

I don't think it should be restored. The story behind the "barn find" and it's condition when found makes it even more valuable. It's just intriguing as hell. What happened to the owner that he forgot one of the most valuable things a person could own in those days. It's like walking to town and when you get there you remember, "S#$T! Forgot my horse tied to the tree."

Couldn't agree more! Such an awesome find.

:thumb: Very cool find, here in the southeast with all of the humidity there would be nothing left of it.

I wonder if anyone else thought about why the rifle wasn't grown into the tree cuz I know up here in Maine specially after that long and the tree would tend to grow around the rifle I didn't see any signs that the photos

With that said if this is a hundred percent legit this is an amazing find

I live in Alberta, Canada and I heard about this. I think it's very cool. It's kind of crazy that something could be left behind,, undisturbed for so long.

Mud is in my blood

:cheesy: That's just awesome :clap2:

my theory? ...."boy, dads gonna be pissed when i tell him i lost his rifle"

:cheesy: That just takes all the romance out of it but... what do you bet something like that is all that really happened. :crazyeyes:

I wonder if anyone else thought about why the rifle wasn't grown into the tree cuz I know up here in Maine specially after that long and the tree would tend to grow around the rifle I didn't see any signs that the photos

With that said if this is a hundred percent legit this is an amazing find

This rifle was found in the Great Basin Desert. Some of the trees out there are literally thousands of years old and still look like glorified bushes. They grow very slowly.

Top Bottom