10A Build Thread

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
As most know, I recently picked up HighwayTrouts 2013 10A Rubicon with a host of modifications and some really quality parts. For what was done to it prior it can all be seen on HighwayTrouts Build Thread.

I can’t thank Dan and Matt enough for making the deal and trip from Cali back home to TX possible.

A couple pictures from the trip home IMG_5656.jpg IMG_5682.jpg

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
It took me an entire 7 days (including 2 days driving home) to get it out. We headed to Hidden Falls for an initial shakedown run.
IMG_5776.jpg IMG_5777.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
One trip out and I already have a few items on the short list! Lol
I actually love the look of the 10A bumper, but I’m afraid I’ll end up beating it up pretty bad on the rocks, so considering swapping it out before that happens

Next stage is:
Sliders (Deciding between LOD and Evo)
Raise the rear 1/2”
Chromolly axle shafts
Evo bumper (preferably Evo pro series)
Diff covers

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Attended the Nitto Texas Jeep Experience this past weekend. What a great time! Dinners provided, band on Saturday, kegs and bonfires both nights. Couldn’t have asked for a better time.

Pretty sure i roasted a passenger hub. I usually use the Spicer assembly, anyone have any others they prefer?

My fiancée has the bulk of the pictures but here’s the only two I took worth posting.

This was one of the easier trails so I started getting Cierra to drive, she usually goes with but has historically refused to drive
IMG_5913.jpg

This was an optional obstacle and pictures just don’t do it justice. Ended up backing off of this line and resetting as my front driver tire barely had any weight on it
IMG_8574.jpg

benatc1

Hooked
Attended the Nitto Texas Jeep Experience this past weekend. What a great time! Dinners provided, band on Saturday, kegs and bonfires both nights. Couldn’t have asked for a better time.

Pretty sure i roasted a passenger hub. I usually use the Spicer assembly, anyone have any others they prefer?

My fiancée has the bulk of the pictures but here’s the only two I took worth posting.

This was one of the easier trails so I started getting Cierra to drive, she usually goes with but has historically refused to drive
View attachment 355357

This was an optional obstacle and pictures just don’t do it justice. Ended up backing off of this line and resetting as my front driver tire barely had any weight on it
View attachment 355358

Sounds like a great time. Sure is funny how sometimes pics do no justice for how large rocks or holes are

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_7295.jpg
IMG_7751.jpg

Congrats on purchasing Dan’a rig . First saw that rig on the 2019 New Years run . Here’s my anvil with the pro series front bumper . Was a pain to install between cutting, vacuum pump relo, and powder coat but really love it . Get the piece underneath that protects the sway bar motor

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
View attachment 355422
View attachment 355423

Congrats on purchasing Dan’a rig . First saw that rig on the 2019 New Years run . Here’s my anvil with the pro series front bumper . Was a pain to install between cutting, vacuum pump relo, and powder coat but really love it . Get the piece underneath that protects the sway bar motor

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m so torn between the pro series and the 1/4 pounder again. The 1/4 no doubt saved our asses in the wreck, t boning a car at 40ish. It got a little tweaked but kept everything together, hell the shop straightened it back out and I still have it on that Jeep.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
After crawling around under the Jeep today and taking it for a drive I’ve started to asses the damage...
-Rear rotational squeak meaning a bent flange
-Broke an adjuster on one of the Kings
-Roasted a hub
-Pretty much killed the steering box
-May have bent the tie rod
-I suspect some twisted front splines as well

Luckily I coincidentally bought a PSC Overlander kit off the truck at the Experience.
Then already had chromolly fronts, an exodus tie rod, it was due for hubs anyway, and the kings are due for service too and it should be repairable at that time.
Only thing extra I really need to buy is the rear shafts

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Just got a call from my Fiancée, my Evo sliders came in this afternoon! Now I need to buy/borrow a netsert tool and start drilling holes in the Jeep I’ve had for 3 months 🤪

Elroy231

Nicest of repairs going on! Sounds like atleast you had most of it in the works already. Congrats on the sliders. After the first hole it gets easier.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Nicest of repairs going on! Sounds like atleast you had most of it in the works already. Congrats on the sliders. After the first hole it gets easier.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Most of the repairs are done besides the shocks. I’ll get to those eventually, kinda waiting until after KOH when most of the shock shops won’t be so slammed.

Top Bottom