10.1 inch Seicane Jeep specific Android head unit

BaddestCross

Yes, the 7.1.2 unit has some lower specs, but not RAM.

It still has 2GB of RAM, but it has 16GB of storage instead of 32GB.

However, it has a MicroSD card, so I am fine with the 16GB.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
How's the performance? Are you running GPS on it? I've been using GaiaGPS on my tablet and would like to replace with a built-in head unit.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Mike-Mike

How's the performance? Are you running GPS on it? I've been using GaiaGPS on my tablet and would like to replace with a built-in head unit.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
Performance is good, don't expect anything like an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy.

It is just like a cheap Android tablet, just do a few things on it and it will be fine, try to do 10 things at once and you will have issues.

I always use Google Maps or Waze. I do have a hot spot in my Jeep, but you can run Google Maps without data.

As far as performance, I generally run Google Maps and/or Waze and Google Play Music.

Just recently I took a 6 hour drive to Memphis, and I had Google Maps and Waze going at the same time, listening to podcasts via Bluetooth, and I was downloading my Playlist on Google Play Music.

I didn't have any issues with that

pastrana5401

Did you have to go with the lesser of the two CPUs and RAM to get 7.1?

--

so if i order one, and it says 7.1 thats what o should receive. because people on the website said they received units with 5.0 on them when they ordered one with 7.1. and how well does the unit work, as far as downloading apps, should most work, like the lyft app for example/ is there a way to use data off my phone if it is connected?

BaddestCross

Performance is good, don't expect anything like an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy.

It is just like a cheap Android tablet, just do a few things on it and it will be fine, try to do 10 things at once and you will have issues.

I always use Google Maps or Waze. I do have a hot spot in my Jeep, but you can run Google Maps without data.

As far as performance, I generally run Google Maps and/or Waze and Google Play Music.

Just recently I took a 6 hour drive to Memphis, and I had Google Maps and Waze going at the same time, listening to podcasts via Bluetooth, and I was downloading my Playlist on Google Play Music.

I didn't have any issues with that

That's what I was looking for. Thank you, sir! 🍻

--

Mike-Mike

so if i order one, and it says 7.1 thats what o should receive. because people on the website said they received units with 5.0 on them when they ordered one with 7.1. and how well does the unit work, as far as downloading apps, should most work, like the lyft app for example

I am not sure where you saw people getting the wrong stuff, but I have read some negative things on XDA.

However, for me, I have ordered from 3 different Chinese companies, and at least 2 radios from each one, and I have never got an incorrect item.

Even when I was missing a part or had an issue, they corrected it for me.

Company A - radio died, they sent a replacement

Company B - antenna was missing, they mailed me a new one

Company C - I just ordered 2 cameras, fog lights, and a harness and I was missing a camera, I emailed them and they said they would take care of it

I never used Lyft, but most apps work fine, occasionally something like Yahoo Weather doesn't like the landscape orientation, but most work fine. For example, I just downloaded the Ring app for my Doorbell and it works great

pastrana5401

I am not sure where you saw people getting the wrong stuff, but I have read some negative things on XDA.

However, for me, I have ordered from 3 different Chinese companies, and at least 2 radios from each one, and I have never got an incorrect item.

Even when I was missing a part or had an issue, they corrected it for me.

Company A - radio died, they sent a replacement

Company B - antenna was missing, they mailed me a new one

Company C - I just ordered 2 cameras, fog lights, and a harness and I was missing a camera, I emailed them and they said they would take care of it

I never used Lyft, but most apps work fine, occasionally something like Yahoo Weather doesn't like the landscape orientation, but most work fine. For example, I just downloaded the Ring app for my Doorbell and it works great

so over all you think its pretty worth it, and does most. and as far as android head unit, its pretty good for what it is. just looking up upgrade my radio since i have the most basic radio they make for jeeps. i was just wanting to make sure, that there wasnt a product out there that, people think is much better.

Mike-Mike

I have had 3 different brands, they all have their pros and cons. For me, this current unit that has 7.1.2 has the least amount of compromise.

The Octacore with Android 6.0 and PX5 was the best, but it has 2 bugs that are deal killers for me.

Those bugs are not present in the PX3 unit with 7.1.2, but it runs a bit slower than the Octacore

Top Bottom