1 ton H.S. Artec / Dynatrac / Reid

ravenmad

image.jpgView attachment jeep linkage.rtfd.zip

OK, so for those of you who have something similar, I have a pro rock 60 front with Reid knuckles keyed for Artek H.S. arms. All the steering uses heims and 1.5 inch 1/4 DOM for the drag link and tie rod. It also has a PSC ram assist. Right now the tie rod is "very low" on the knuckle and basically a curb feeler for rocks. I would like to re-work this and move it up between the ram and the drag link. My thought is to use offset heims to push the tie rod out away from the hydraulic fittings on the ram and move the heim on the knuckle end of the ram down about 3/4 inch to help make room for the tie rod.

<image3.JPG>

Attachments

• stearing linkage.txt
    144 bytes · Views: 8
  • jk stearing linkage pic.txt
    164 bytes · Views: 5
Last edited:
View attachment 231964View attachment 231963

OK, so for those of you who have something similar, I have a pro rock 60 front with Reid knuckles keyed for Artek H.S. arms. All the steering uses heims and 1.5 inch 1/4 DOM for the drag link and tie rod. It also has a PSC ram assist. Right now the tie rod is "very low" on the knuckle and basically a curb feeler for rocks. I would like to re-work this and move it up between the ram and the drag link. My thought is to use offset heims to push the tie rod out away from the hydraulic fittings on the ram and move the heim on the knuckle end of the ram down about 3/4 inch to help make room for the tie rod.

<image3.JPG>

Well, I really don't know why every pic I post shows up "upside down", this is the only web page that does that... Sorry

Generally the tie rod goes on top of the high steer arm.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1479959256.046341.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1479959267.208819.jpg

Least that's how I've always seen them really. Not my pics either, just some I found on the www.

Generally the tie rod goes on top of the high steer arm.

View attachment 231991

View attachment 231993

Least that's how I've always seen them really. Not my pics either, just some I found on the www.

I agree, typically I have seen the drag link placed above the High Steer arm, however, I would have to notch the frame to create enough room for the suspension to move and with the drag link placed on top of the HS Arm it would no longer match the length and angle of the track bar creating bump steer. I have been looking online and have seen several JK's with similar setups, however, they manage to stack it all under the HS arm. I wonder if the ram mount must be moved down a bit to help make this room... I may just have to call EVO and ask for a few detailed close up pics with some measurements...

Top Bottom