‘18 recon build

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I just hope I can use it. I’ll update or downdate. I don’t care they said up to ‘18 model year.

When in doubt, throttle out.
I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to, maybe ya just got a bum unit. If you haven't downloaded ignition and updated the unit yet that might be the best place to start. I would imagine your 18 would require the most up to date software patches available.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Emptybrass

I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to, maybe ya just got a bum unit. If you haven't downloaded ignition and updated the unit yet that might be the best place to start. I would imagine your 18 would require the most up to date software patches available.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

That’s what I was thinking after you know reading the instructions. Lol who ever does that??

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
My parts to be installed are piling up. Got the aev rear tire carrier and backup camera coming tomorrow. Any one want a 99 bmw? Lol

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
If ya wouldn't mind let me know what you think of that carrier when you get it? I like it, it's pricey, but I still like it. Trying to decide between the ARB, Evo, and RockHard.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
If ya wouldn't mind let me know what you think of that carrier when you get it? I like it, it's pricey, but I still like it. Trying to decide between the ARB, Evo, and RockHard.

It's been great to me. The reason I went with it is 1) I wanted to keep a one-handed operation of the tailgate and 2) I wanted the weight to be carried by the frame without having to add a bumper. You can see more pics on my build thread, but I run the AEV carrier and Evo frame rail cover. High clearance and light weight.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Ive had it on mine for 3 years and love it. No rattles and I have it loaded. Zero complaints

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's been great to me. The reason I went with it is 1) I wanted to keep a one-handed operation of the tailgate and 2) I wanted the weight to be carried by the frame without having to add a bumper. You can see more pics on my build thread, but I run the AEV carrier and Evo frame rail cover. High clearance and light weight.
Thanks for the update guys! I really like the way that carrier looks, sounds like it's a solid performer too!

Emptybrass

So I unpacked it and I want to cut the top bar section off. Anyone do that yet? Looks like spot to mount a light or ?

wjtstudios

Hooked
So I unpacked it and I want to cut the top bar section off. Anyone do that yet? Looks like spot to mount a light or ?

Yeah, it’s a light mast. I run a back up/camp light and a back up camera up there that is dedicated to my rear view mirror and is always on. If you buy the gas tank to put on there you will have 98% less visibility out the back window. For safety reasons it’s worth setting up a dedicated camera.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Emptybrass

So tackled this pia today. Took 3 hours. The brass bushings are super tight. Had to removed all the coating to even get it in (with grease). The horizontal bar is about 1/2 too high for the cradle at its highest level without any shims. Kinda disappointed for something that cost so much and carries the aev name. Will post pics when the sun comes out tomorrow. Right now beer time.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Emptybrass

The landing pad is as high as it can go. How tight should the turn buckle be? Mine is hitting the tube when it’s open. How does your door feel when you close it? Mine seems to have increased resistance that last 2-3”

Last edited:
Top Bottom