Window fold down

LGPow2006

How many people actually fold the front windshield down? Does not seem to be easy to do on the JK...is it a feature that Jeep can do away with now or is it what makes it a Jeep?
Just curious cause I personally have not given much thought to why I would ever want to fold it down.

Not many people do it. It really looks horrible, the factory cage above your driver and passenger doors have nothing to attach to and just stick straight out with flat, angled gusseted webbing unless you unbolt them completely. The windshield A-pillars are too thick and curved and are too high when it's folded flat. Safety improvements are rarely, if ever, aesthetically pleasing when modified.

Attachments

• image-4288368395.jpg
    image-4288368395.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I folded mine down to install my OR-Fab sport cage. For that purpose alone, I was glad I could fold it down. Other than that though, I'd never go through the pain to do it just to drive around. Plus, I don't like bugs in my teeth. :icon_crazy:

Yeah, I think I had to pull the wipers, remove the HiLift mount and my Dually brackets. Don't really ever want to take the windshield down again. Not to mention it looks kinda silly down with the curve.
1E6DCB1C-82AB-4373-BEBB-457A1AFA52FE-3781-000003AAAF54F79F_zps1d49a666.jpg

Top Bottom