Winch Disconnect Switch

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I’m still not convinced a winch would draw power when not in use. Also if it did, I would probably remove it altogether. Sounds sketchy to me.
Totally agree. They shouldn’t draw ANY power unless in use. If it’s drawing power then there is an internal malfunction with the winch and I would get it replaced, hopefully under warranty

Breer

Caught the Bug
Thread resurrection.

So last year when gathering parts, I bought this warn winch solenoid to use as an interrupt. I don't remember how or why I landed on purchasing this specific one and not just going with the warn interrupt kit mentioned in this thread. It's hard enough for me to remember what happened a week ago.

So question, does anyone know exactly what this solenoid is for? It's mentioned as a replacement part everywhere I look or is paired with 3 others for something. I can't find an amp rating for it anywhere which worries me that it wouldn't be up to the task alone. Just wondering if I need to order the interrupt kit or if anyone knows if this one would be sufficient.

P/N Warn 72361
1000005162.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
Thread resurrection.

So last year when gathering parts, I bought this warn winch solenoid to use as an interrupt. I don't remember how or why I landed on purchasing this specific one and not just going with the warn interrupt kit mentioned in this thread. It's hard enough for me to remember what happened a week ago.

So question, does anyone know exactly what this solenoid is for? It's mentioned as a replacement part everywhere I look or is paired with 3 others for something. I can't find an amp rating for it anywhere which worries me that it wouldn't be up to the task alone. Just wondering if I need to order the interrupt kit or if anyone knows if this one would be sufficient.

P/N Warn 72361
View attachment 401671
From Warn (Amazon):
The WARN 72631 Solenoid Replacement is a service replacement part with an upright terminal. This is a genuine WARN service replacement solenoid so don't be fooled by cheap knock-offs. This is the top of line product for numerous WARN Winch Models, Including: M6000, M8000, M8000S, XD9000, XD9000i, 9.5ti, VR 8000, 10000, 12000, 16.5ti, 16.5ti-S. It replaces 28396.
Operation Mode‎ON-NONE-OFF
Current Rating‎4.7 Nanoamps
Operating Voltage‎12 Volts

SOB

The winch is just a dumb motor. When activated it draws current. When it's deactivated, it does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It is impossible for it to draw current.
Disconnect Negative battery cable only, and with a multi meter measure the mA draw from battery terminal to the cable terminal. This is where you start, to find a 'drain'. IT ISNT THE WINCH.

Top Bottom