Which CAI should I get?

CTomlin19

Banned
Hey guys, just got myself my first Jeep and to start my build I want to do some performance mods. I am first looking to do a CAI. Anybody know what's best K&N, AFe etc. Any input would be great. Also has anybody had any experience with a hypertech max energy programmer. I found a guy on Craigslist who is selling his for $80.

Parker "P.T." JK

I hear the AIRAID CAI is the best on the market right now, also for programmer, I have a superchips Flashpaq and it works really well

Tranquillity

Volant made one, I don't know about the performance or quality but the intake seems to be very well protected from water. Never seen one live but they seems to be a great brand. Plus you can upgrade to a snorkel with the CAI on the jeep if ita something you might consider.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, just got myself my first Jeep and to start my build I want to do some performance mods. I am first looking to do a CAI. Anybody know what's best K&N, AFe etc. Any input would be great. Also has anybody had any experience with a hypertech max energy programmer. I found a guy on Craigslist who is selling his for $80.

i've run purejeep, k&n and aem kits before and they all work pretty much the same. some have more of a whistle than others. i currently run airaid in my 2 JK and like them a lot. here's a write-up i've done for them:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...-Cold-Air-Intake-System-Installation-Write-Up

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...-Cold-Air-Intake-System-Installation-Write-Up

I wish there was a CAI that could hook up to a snorkel. I know Airaid 2012+ can but I have a 2011 :(
Well, any CAI besides that Volant..

Markymark420

EstianSwanepoel said:
I wish there was a CAI that could hook up to a snorkel....

I believe that would be a little redundant. Can't feasibly get much cooler air than a tube being force fed from the roof line of your jeep.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I have the Volant cai and love it. Looks great and I live the throaty sound. Not the same can be said about the hood leech they call a snorkel though.

Last edited:

mjhau02

Airaid is serving me well. Definitely notice a difference in acceleration and speed after 65mph. Really gets to 80 mph fast. Sounds good too.

Top Bottom