What year jeep should I buy

FL_Woody

Hi all, looking to buy a jeep but not sure of which year I should get or stay away from. I've heard of a lot of conflicting reports.
So a little background. This will not be my daily driver, more of a weekend vehicle. I do plan to mod it with lift, 37" tires bumpers, etc. Primarily it will be used offroad in Fl but on occasion in AZ as well. I'm pretty sure I want a 4 door just for the size if I have 4 people in there. Unless you can change my mind.
TIA

FL_Woody

2007-2015. Since it’s not my daily driver. Don’t want something super expensive and would do mods myself. Biggest reliability would be engine and transmission. I’ve heard negative things about 2008-2011 engines but on the same token I used to have a 6.0 power stroke with no issues.

Upvote 0

WJCO

Meme King
I used to have a 6.0 power stroke with no issues.
That's a miracle!

We had a 2011 with over 200k on the 3.8 engine with no issues but it did lack power. I'd personally go with the 3.6 over the 3.8. The 3.6 has had some issues with lifters, oil coolers though.

Upvote 1

Marcus Davies

Another thing how much is your budget? Jeeps are not cheap, try to check the classified all over the internet. I am sure that you'll find one that you will like.

Upvote 0

FL_Woody

Thanks everyone. I’ve decided on 2012 and newer.
ideally I’m looking for something around 20-25k then 10k in upgrades. It is amazing how much they hold their value.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom