What should it cost (labor) to have front and rear track bar mounts welded on?

WJCO

Meme King
On the axles? I would think a shop would do it between 100-200 depending on their labor rate.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
In Victorville I'm sure you could find a cheap shop but the problem is they have to do the labor to pull the existing track bars and then prep for the weld. I would guess three hours of labor at $100-150 an hour. You're probably better off finding a mobile welder and doing all the prep work yourself.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In Victorville I'm sure you could find a cheap shop but the problem is they have to do the labor to pull the existing track bars and then prep for the weld. I would guess three hours of labor at $100-150 an hour. You're probably better off finding a mobile welder and doing all the prep work yourself.
This ^^^^

Do all the prep yourself and then call out a mobile welder. You'll save quite a bit this way.

DaBank

My rear trackbar mount ripped/torn off this week. It is a Fabtech weld on mount that went over the oringal. Half of the original mount and the Fabtech gusset is still on the axle.
It has been on the Jeep since 2018 and 50k miles. A few months ago I installed a drag link flip kit and tie rod. The Fabtech raised front track bar mount is only 2" and 3" would work better so I was going to install a new front mount anyways.

Is Artec weld on mounts any good?
Anyone know a mobile welder in the high desert (Victorville area)? There is a shop/manufacturer in Hesperia called Excessive Industries with a good reputation that I will call this week to get a price to do it all or if I find a good mobile guy I will do the preparation.

I just had both axles serviced, can these mounts be welded on without draining the fuild?

DaBank

My rear trackbar mount ripped/torn off this week. It is a Fabtech weld on mount that went over the oringal. Half of the original mount and the Fabtech gusset is still on the axle.
It has been on the Jeep since 2018 and 50k miles. A few months ago I installed a drag link flip kit and tie rod. The Fabtech raised front track bar mount is only 2" and 3" would work better so I was going to install a new front mount anyways.

Anyone know a mobile welder in the high desert (Victorville area)? There is a shop/manufacturer in Hesperia called Excessive Industries with a good reputation that I will call this week to get a price to do it all or if I find a good mobile guy I will do the preparation.

I just had both axles serviced, can these mounts be welded on without draining the fuild?
Here are some pictures. Does it look like it had bad welds or ?
I also included is pictures before it tore off.

Attachments

• 20230828_130819.jpg
    20230828_130819.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230828_130811.jpg
    20230828_130811.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230828_130853.jpg
    20230828_130853.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230828_130839.jpg
    20230828_130839.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230828_130830.jpg
    20230828_130830.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230324_093039.jpg
    20230324_093039.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230201_143121.jpg
    20230201_143121.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230201_143117.jpg
    20230201_143117.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 14

Artec makes some of the best builder brackets out there and at a very affordable price point. They are local to me and I’ve been out wheeling with many of their rigs. Can’t go wrong with anything they make.

DaBank

Looks like the steel broke. Not the welds. How did this happen?
Not sure. I did not hit anything and there is no damaged to the outside of the mount. I thought it was years of wear and tear and then just came off. But now looking at it the welds are still on the axle.

I was driving on a 3 mile graded road going to Black Mountain in Hinkley Hinkley CA and right when getting to the trail head heard 2 thumps and got out and saw it on the ground.

Nothing rubs in the rear and the coils and track bar have never made contact.

I am thinking since this Fabtech mounts welds to the stock mount and the axle that maybe the stock mount failed so the only welds holding it on was the welds on the Fabtech mount? And maybe the mount was able to flex since it was not fully secure, but then you would think it would tear from the welds and not actually rip the Fabtech mount apart?

kevman65

Hooked
Weld is supposed to be stronger than base material being welded.

If the weld failed, it was a bad weld.

If the base material failed, that is how it's suppossed to happen and base material was over stressed.

Top Bottom