VIDEO: SEMA Show Spotlight - Nitto Tire KoH K-Spec Trail Grappler M/T

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Wow you would think with as much as they brag about the kevlar they would be good

I've heard a lot of the local guys around here slicing sidewalls of MTR w/Kevlar. I have them and while they do well for me on the rocks and dirt, they are horrible on the street. I'm looking at Nitto Mud or Trail Grapplers in the next 6 months since my MTR's are worn out. I just can't make up my mind.:doh:

These KOH spec looks sweet, if I commit to 40's these will be at the top of my list.

bl17z90

I've heard a lot of the local guys around here slicing sidewalls of MTR w/Kevlar. I have them and while they do well for me on the rocks and dirt, they are horrible on the street. I'm looking at Nitto Mud or Trail Grapplers in the next 6 months since my MTR's are worn out. I just can't make up my mind.:doh:

These KOH spec looks sweet, if I commit to 40's these will be at the top of my list.

I wish I was ready for 40's now but the budget won't allow it for awile but good luck to ya:thumb:

Indefatigable

bfg's are a good tire and we used to run them all the time. maybe out in your neck of the woods, they hold up fine but out in the southwest, their paper thin sidewalls are no match for the rocks we have. mickey's are good, i've run a set and they do well.

I think there is some confusion on the BFG in question. The original question was the Krawler, but the answer was KM/KM2. Although the KM2 looks like a Krawler, it is not. Friends that have the Krawler... it is a far superior tire to the KM2. The Krawler is MUCH heavier, more robust construction, softer compound and just works better. They take quite the beating that would have eaten a KM2 long before. Though it is more a rock tire than Mud. Some siping/grooving helps alot. The price of a Krawler is a bit out there though IMHO.

As I recall, the Mickey Thompson, Dick Cepec, Cooper, Pro-Comp tires all come from the same Cooper Factory and are all based on the same constrution. I have run DC, friends MT, Coop and Pro-Comp. All OK tires, but not very robust. Better than a KM2? I would say yes for strength. Tread, depends on your conditions...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think there is some confusion on the BFG in question. The original question was the Krawler, but the answer was KM/KM2. Although the KM2 looks like a Krawler, it is not. Friends that have the Krawler... it is a far superior tire to the KM2. The Krawler is MUCH heavier, more robust construction, softer compound and just works better. They take quite the beating that would have eaten a KM2 long before. Though it is more a rock tire than Mud. Some siping/grooving helps alot. The price of a Krawler is a bit out there though IMHO.

As I recall, the Mickey Thompson, Dick Cepec, Cooper, Pro-Comp tires all come from the same Cooper Factory and are all based on the same constrution. I have run DC, friends MT, Coop and Pro-Comp. All OK tires, but not very robust. Better than a KM2? I would say yes for strength. Tread, depends on your conditions...

you're absolutely right, i read that one a bit fast and just lumped the krawler in with the km2.

bl17z90

Yeah a buddy of mine has the krawler and another has the km2 and the guy with the krawler beats his rig up a lot more than the km2, but its also not his daily driver

bl17z90

And one more question because i can't find an appropriate thread. Is the jeep in this video the same one that you guys own? I thought this one was auctioned off.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
bl17z90 said:
And one more question because i can't find an appropriate thread. Is the jeep in this video the same one that you guys own? I thought this one was auctioned off.

Yes, this is vengeance and we will be auctioning it off next month.

Top Bottom