VIDEO : EVO Bolt-On Rock Slider How to Install on a Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited

jeeeep

Hooked
You make it all look so easy, and yet I always end up with more tools than needed, grease up to my elbows and if there's anti-seize involved ....

You must shower between takes lol

Nice job, and I appreciate that you always point out to torque the bolts (y)

Bear_JT

Hooked
These look so good! I wasn’t too sure about the light option but now I want it. That powder coat came out really nice also. Definitely one of my next mods.

Great work as always with the install, filming and editing (y) They look great and really finished off the sides nicely. I think it's safe to say you two have abandoned all hopes and dreams of keeping it "less modified" HAHA and I'm all for it!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice Buddy... Looks Great. EVO always has that perfect balance of Strength and Cleans Looks.
Thanks! Really happy with how these look on our 392 :)
I’ve always enjoyed the install videos a ton. Could this mean a possible 392 sighting for the new years run? 🤔
Glad to hear it and yeah, it is possible. Hope you can make it out :)
You make it all look so easy, and yet I always end up with more tools than needed, grease up to my elbows and if there's anti-seize involved ....

You must shower between takes lol

Nice job, and I appreciate that you always point out to torque the bolts (y)
LOL - honestly, the install was surprisingly as easy as it looks on the video.
These look so good! I wasn’t too sure about the light option but now I want it. That powder coat came out really nice also. Definitely one of my next mods.
Thanks! After I saw the lights on a friend's JL, I knew I had to have them. Also, really glad that we got them powder coated locally. It's so hard to get anything that big shipped without arriving with damage to them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great work as always with the install, filming and editing (y) They look great and really finished off the sides nicely. I think it's safe to say you two have abandoned all hopes and dreams of keeping it "less modified" HAHA and I'm all for it!
LOL - oh yeah, those illusions of keeping our 392 stock have all but gone by the wayside 😁
Great video! Where and how did you connect both courtesy lamps installed on the corners of new EVO rock rails?
To be clear, I connected the lights to my rock lights and not the dome light so they're not exactly "courtesy" lights. That said, I ran the wiring through the arms of the sliders and then along the frame rails and up into the engine compartment, just like I did with my rock light install. That video can be seen on the first post :)
What kind of vinyl did you use? Does it hold up well enough to rocks? Looks good!
The vinyl is what I use for making decals. A flat black made by Oracal and made for outdoor use. I've used it on JET, Rubicat and Nemo in the past and have found they all hold up well. Maybe it's because we had rock sliders installed that but I've never seen them get beat up by stones if that's what you're asking about. Anyway, it's cheap and easy to install :)
Those look great, seems like a pretty simple install too. At some point down the road these will be what ends up on my JL, gonna beat up these RSE ones for a while first.
Surprisingly easy for what they are. I'm quite happy with them.

DaJudge

Nice video as always. Need sliders for the JT and those look really well made. It was nice to get some good close-ups of the brackets.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
LOL - oh yeah, those illusions of keeping our 392 stock have all but gone by the wayside 😁

To be clear, I connected the lights to my rock lights and not the dome light so they're not exactly "courtesy" lights. That said, I ran the wiring through the arms of the sliders and then along the frame rails and up into the engine compartment, just like I did with my rock light install. That video can be seen on the first post :)

The vinyl is what I use for making decals. A flat black made by Oracal and made for outdoor use. I've used it on JET, Rubicat and Nemo in the past and have found they all hold up well. Maybe it's because we had rock sliders installed that but I've never seen them get beat up by stones if that's what you're asking about. Anyway, it's cheap and easy to install :)

Surprisingly easy for what they are. I'm quite happy with them.
Yeah I guess stones is a better word than rocks. That’s what I was curious about since the door hinges take a beating wasn’t sure if this did too. Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I guess stones is a better word than rocks. That’s what I was curious about since the door hinges take a beating wasn’t sure if this did too. Thanks!
Oh yeah, our door hinges and rear fender are already beat. Like I said, maybe it's because of the rock sliders or at least, their arms that extend from the frame but it seems the pinch seams to do okay. Even if they didn't, applying more vinyl is super easy and you can literally apply it over what's there and you can't even tell unless you're a few inches away from it.

Top Bottom