Two Finger Wave - First Off Road Adventure in my Jeep AKA Kitty - Sourgrass Ca

Crawler Kitty

I crawled my stock Wrangler at Sourgrass this weekend and she did great. I'd been thru there once as a passenger in a friends Rubi so I was a bit worried about my Sport with stock tires, no rock rails and what might happen to the body. I know that sounds a bit sissy la la but it is after all my first brand new vehicle in 30 years let alone a beautiful Jeep. But I bought the Jeep to crawl and fully expect some battle wounds. Add to that the fact that I was following an experienced 4 wheeler in a Rubi and was going to have my two dogs, a friend and two high energy male teenagers with me I was a bit nervous. A week before we left I received an early BDay present, Rubi rock rails so this gave me some solace. Whoever said "Diamonds are a girls best friend" never crawled in a jeep! The first obstacle went well but I knew the second climb had much more bite to it. There were two male hikers as I approached the second obstacle. They did a double take when they saw a female driver and one of them commented.... "you're going thru that"!? It did not help my nerves but it definitely strengthened my resolve. I couldn't have done it without the excellent spotting from my friends, thank you! I have to say it was a great personal growth weekend. I faced my nerves and getting to the top of that climb gave me a better high than a good bottle of Cab has ever given me. I think I might spend more money on parts now and less on wine. Welllll....a little less anyways. Soaking in the view hearing the roar of the river and celebrating with friends at a great camping accessible only with 4WD made me even more confident at my purchase. My Wrangler handled the trails and crawls wonderfully, I came home with minor scratches no dents and a few belly rubs. Sometimes a belly rub can make a kitty purr! :standing wave:Feeling grateful blessed and a little bit accomplished!

Attachments

• Sourgrass creek.jpg
    Sourgrass creek.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Sourgrass driving home.jpg
    Sourgrass driving home.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Topless in Sourgrass.jpg
    Topless in Sourgrass.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 138

MTG

Caught the Bug
Welcome! :standing wave:

Great story! Not just a stocker, but it looks like the dealer plates are still on. Well done! :clap2:

Crawler Kitty

Thanks for the warm welcome

Welcome! :standing wave:

Great story! Not just a stocker, but it looks like the dealer plates are still on. Well done! :clap2:

Thanks for the warm welcome and noticing that kitty's so new she still had her plates. Regarding the dealer plates to be fair I got them the very same day as I was on my way out of the door. I wheeled in without them and wheeled out with them. Great adventure for sure looking forward to so many more. If anyone in the SF Bay Area is planning something please let me know or I've got family in So Cal too would be fun to bring them along with me.

JAGS

Hooked
Welcome to wayalife. Ain't nothing wrong with stockers. 😉 We all start somewhere and I've been stock since I got my first jeep, a '12 rubi just over a year ago. Just like you, get huge rushes when on the trail (or the mall). 👍

Top Bottom