Towing With A JLUR: Brake Controller Recommendations

jesse3638

Hooked
Well I wanted to report back after our 900+ mile trip. I must say this brake controller works well. It's surprising how much better it is with brakes...haha. The proportional braking is very smooth and feels a lot better that the on/off braking of other units I've used in the past. I'm not sure if this is how newer brake controllers work or if this is a Redarc feature. Got the correct harness while we were gone so I'll get that installed soon. Overall I'm very happy with the unit and how clean the install is (identical to the Mopar brake controller). Anyone doing some towing with their JL or JT I'd definitely recommend it.

jeeeep

Hooked
Well I wanted to report back after our 900+ mile trip. I must say this brake controller works well. It's surprising how much better it is with brakes...haha. The proportional braking is very smooth and feels a lot better that the on/off braking of other units I've used in the past. I'm not sure if this is how newer brake controllers work or if this is a Redarc feature. Got the correct harness while we were gone so I'll get that installed soon. Overall I'm very happy with the unit and how clean the install is (identical to the Mopar brake controller). Anyone doing some towing with their JL or JT I'd definitely recommend it.
good to hear, I've been looking at brake controllers as I contemplate an RV - flat tow the JL or a lightweight camper trailer

jesse3638

Hooked
good to hear, I've been looking at brake controllers as I contemplate an RV - flat tow the JL or a lightweight camper trailer
I might add that towing our fully loaded little RoveLite is surprisingly nice. It doesn't push me all over like I was anticipating. The biggest downfall is the affect on fuel mileage. It drops from 20-23 to 11-15mpg depending on terrain. Mind you I set the cruise at no more than 60mph, 45-50 on steep grades. I don't want to cruise around at 5-6k rpms to go any faster.

Top Bottom